Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Ive been looking around on the web for a set of frame sliders for a 97 ZX6R. I figure that I will install them as soon as I pick up the bike, have them there right away.

I looked at Oggy Knobbs, and a few others and it seems that they are made 98 and onwards, but cant seem to find any for the 97.

Can anyone direct me to a site / dealer that sells them in the Queensland Area? or at least a mail order place?

Thanks
Cheers
Ron

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
you may just have to find out what size and thead the engine mount bolt is and find a bike with the same and buy some for another bike, or i see univeral ones on ebay sometimes, just long black sliders that bolt int he engine mount, and you could get them and trim them how needed. I do suggest not buying the non-cut sliders because they seem to cause more problems if the bike falls....
Ben

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't think they make them anymore. I've been looking for a long time and can't find any. I think it's because they used to sell them as a kit with a modded coolant bottle.

·
Registered
316 Posts
check R&G racing, they sell a set of sliders with the replacement water bottle that allows you to pass through to the engine mount. That is what I got for my bike. The only downside is they are in UK and a little pricey. That having been said, a good set of sliders is wll worth the momney.

http://www.rg-racing.com//default.aspx

·
Registered
471 Posts
I was going to suggest R&G, i heard about them from an rider who was out of europe, your looking at 120+ for a set of regular frame sliders...however these are worth the money considering a set of fairings are 150 on ebay or more...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.