Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but im still unsure which brand to get?

There are some cheap ones on parts411 but im afraid i'll get what i pay for.

So what brand of frame sliders do u prefer?

Thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
factory pro makes engine covers (stator and clutch) with sliders on them. they serve the same purpose and look good. but they are a bit pricey.:(

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I haven't crash tested these Vortex jobbies yet, but it's cool that you can replace the Delrin element on the end. Some of the guys have said that the bolt holding the whole contraption in bends on impact too. I bought some Ti bolts to hopefully prevent that from happening.

Basically where frame sliders are concerned, make sure you get a set that bolts up to the motor mounts like the one you see in the photo. Don't short yourself on this one. The Sato jobbies look good too check out www.kyleusa.com for a set.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have crash tested the vortex frame sliders at the track and the bolt does bend. I talked to a few other zx6r owners with the vortex sliders and the same thing happened to them. Everything seems to come out fine though and it does do its job. As far as getting Ti bolts.... The advantage of titanium is that it is closer to the density of aluminum while maintaining strength closer to steel. It is also less reactive as a material than stainless steel. My point is that good Ti bolts are not stronger than good Steel bolts.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The bending bolt thing happened to me with my Vortex sliders. I called Vortex on it and they told me the bolt was designed to bend instead of breaking off and leaving you with a nub to remove and also so it didn't rip right out of your engine mounts. It did its job though and protected the plastic. I have a spare set of LP's that I may put on later.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
When I went down the bolt snapped in half! My stator, generator cover, flywheel and fairing all destroyed. BUT....the frame slider is in one piece:D. So I saved on buying a new frame slider i guess.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Sliders are meant to help protect in a slide such as a lowside or a drop such as in a parking lot or at a low speed. I don't think any slider on the market would have prevented your damage from your description of your crash, cyberdos. BTW, how's the leg?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have the vortex frame sliders and it only took about 10 minutes to put them on. Just gotta becareful you put the right size bolt on the right sides...it had me confused at first.

·
Registered
700 Posts
vortex frame sliders for me.

got em' from ::plug::kneedraggers.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.