Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just venting on this one... so i go to install me sliders this morning and the left side goes on fine no problems at all. i go to install the right side take the fairing off and everything, and the bolt is so damn tight i cracked my #6 allen socket and while doing that i slipped and put 2, 3 inch scratches on my fairing. so i go and get another one and i heat the bolt for a good 10 minutes until its really hot hoping it will crack, i round out the head. so i got so fed up i made an appointment at the dealer there going to fix it under warranty and install the right side slider for me. they said they have run into many bikes that are like this.

Ok im done venting.....

·
Registered
167 Posts
dude that just sucks ass!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The way I did it is, use a file to file out flat spots on the sides of the bolt-head, and use locking jaw pliers to twist the bolt off counter-clockwise.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The spiral cup bolt out kit and a breaker bar got mine off without a sweat - the thing seemed to come loose just at the sight of it.

It is all about having the right tools.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
boo! that just sucks. luckily theyre going to fix it for you. even the fairing is under warranty?
No the fairing is my problem, but if you see some strategically placed stickers on my bike in the near future you know why

1 - 8 of 8 Posts