Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few people on the board have the RG racing frame sliders for their 6R and I was wondering how you can get them here in the States?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Can you post a pic of them? Are they better than the ones in the US, why go through the hassle?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
As far as I know there aren't any frame sliders made in the U.S. that use the motor mount bolt. The reason is that the motor mount bolt on the left side is behind the coolant tank. The R&G sliders use a modified tank that allows the bolt to pass through.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I was debating drilling through my res bottle and then trying seal it with that mold your own plastic stuff from the craft store, but this seems super cool. How much is it after converted to USD?

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You can do what R&G does. They just cut a hole in the coolant tank with a hole saw (I think) and put a piece of PCV pipe through the hole and use silicone to seal it and hold it in place. They then match the contour on both sides of the tank.

·
Registered
768 Posts
MUHAHAHAHA. It's time to go to home depot tomorrow. If anyone needs me I'll be away from the keyboard charging up my drill.

·
Registered
690 Posts
quote:
MUHAHAHAHA. It's time to go to home depot tomorrow. If anyone needs me I'll be away from the keyboard charging up my drill.

Do you think you can post some pics. I will be able to do it myself if I have a picture to go by.

·
Registered
768 Posts
The home depot trip has been delayed until later today I think. I also have to order some frame sliders still. I'm debating which ones to get.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Oh yeah, I suppose I should wait till I get the frame sliders to see how big of a PVC pipe and hole cutter I'll need.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I haven't got any pictures of a naked, modified bottle, but I'll post up some other pictures of R&G's stuff that's alreqady fitted to my J2, later tonight or tomorrow.

The R&G 'bungs' are by far the most popular in the UK, as they bolt directly to the engine mount. You do have to bore a 25mm hole in each fairing, but they are quality items. There're available in black or white.

If you e-mail R&G, a lady named Julie will reply. Mention the fact I had mine fitted on 2 January (my name's Mark) and mention MCNNinjas, and you *might* get a few quid (bucks?) off! (Can't promise anything!)

jb

Bringer of all things Joyful

·
Registered
67 Posts
BTW, it is possible to modify the coolant bottle yourself, but you need to ensure a high degree of tolerance with the hole cutter etc., as although there isn't a huge amount of pressure present, they have been known to seep...unless you have a plastics welder?

Bringer of all things Joyful

·
Registered
418 Posts
Concur with this as I have made my own on the lines of the R&G ones. I couldn't get the coolant bottle to seal when I modded it myself and even a pinhole will blow coolant. They use a very thick wall pipe and a special sealant (not silicone). Members of www.mcnninjas.co.uk are entitled to 10% discount if you contact [email protected] He is the man to ask.

Ash

Live to ride, Erm Erm Wheres My Car Keys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.