Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one have ideas on how to modify the coolant reservoir bottle to installl vortex frame sliders..[?]

·
Registered
441 Posts
Some have used a whole-saw and epoxied PVC pipe through the bottle. For me, it was easier to move the bottle onto the top of the tranny under the gas tank. It's sat there for years and been most reliable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok now that ive done that. attenpted to install the bases,and just to find out the bolt that belongs on the right side is to short will be the shorter of the twowhich doesnt matter because the longer bolt is still short for the right side.the shop i bought it from says im most likely mounting them on the wrong place.and before i go buy a bolt thats longer does anyone have any illustration of where they should be...

·
Registered
441 Posts
It's the front right engine/frame mount bolt just above the rearend of the radiator hose. I can email you a parts diagram if you need it.

Mine are not Vortex or model specific sliders. Just generic 3inch sliders. On the right, I used a longer bolt, prolly about 4", and then a short stack of flat washers to move the slider out farther. Torque to 33 ft/lbs.

If you want, I'll take mine apart and give you more specifics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey medic thanks for the input,anyways i loaded the bike on the truck and the wifey is going to bring it to the shop so they and try and prove me wrong.i might just have the wrong set of bases..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.