Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
frame sliders

What kind of frame sliders are offered for the z? I've seen some before, but I don't remember where I saw them.Thanks guys.

Rice-the z is coming along nicely. We just installed a cf Muzzy full sys. Not a high mount though. We also installed the pcm3. We ordered new sprockets from renthal(-1 & +2)-wheelie monster. Tommorrow we are going to the Corbin wherehouse to get our new seats, then we're ripping apart the z to get some stuff powdercoated. I'll try and get some pics. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have the shogun sliders. I bought them from sliderhouse on ebay. They were around $60. There are also several others, in different types and varieties. Some attach to your engine case and replace the side covers, while other types use the engine mounts like the shoguns I have. Sliderhouse also has barend sliders, and swingarm sliders for the Z1000.

I can't wait to seem some pics of the progress!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Z freaks.
For kawasaki original accessories see a kawasaki Dealer and ask him for the SPORT BIKE ACCESSORIES 2004 BROCHURE .This brochure cover ZX-10R,ZX-6R,Z750,Z1000,ZZR1200,ZRX1200,ZR-7/S,ER-5.

·
Registered
14 Posts
slide protection

i just received shogun frame sliders and swingarm spools
as far as frame sliders look relatively easy to install
the spools im not sure about
did any of you guys installed those on z1k?
maybe you got some pics to show?!?

thanks

milos

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got a set of motovation sliders and spools on my Z750S. I think they're a bit pricey, but I'm pretty happy with the fit and finish.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i am looking at some DHM's, the ones that aren't round. trying to find some for under $80 though. i will be getting the motovation case sliders pictured above, but im not too sure about the fork sliders. i know they help protect.

@cytocycle: did you like the looks of the fork sliders when you bought them, cuz thats what im having trouble with.

@ridenaked: the first thing i did to my bike was remove the reflectors from the front fender, just have to replace them with a screw that fits, much cleaner looking.

·
Registered
98 Posts
frame sliders?

I talked to a guy yesterday and saw he had frame sliders on his cbr. I asked about them and he said the saved his fairing when his bike fell over. Are they a good idea? I've seen them on ebay with some bieng 25 bucks and 60 bucks. Is there a difference? One company said that the allen head bolt was stronger than a hex head, is that true?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can testify from first-hand experience that they can save your fairings and engine covers. Other parts may not fair so well. Bar ends, levers, mirrors, and exhausts all can receive damage, even from just a stand-still tip over. Not sure on which are better or worse. It may depend on the bike.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
well, they're not really designed to save fairings, but it's possible. in a tip-over event, they're probably more likely to cause more damage than a lowside because of the initial impact (it could jack up the motor mount and bend some really important shit), but lots of people use them and have had success. i have the woodcraft sliders because they were recommended to me by someone who tried several kinds and those held up the best for him.

what you wanna look for is this: short sliders with a broad end that's got no edges to catch on anything. this way they're not likely to grab a crack in the road and send your bike tumbling and are wide enough to spread the force of the impact without punching a hole in your engine.

here are mine:

s3aturnr

·
Registered
10 Posts
from my experience when you go down with frame sliders the damage is not AS bad but you still break stuff and the slider itself will sometimes break or grind down. you'll have to buy a new set of sliders anyway so IMO just buy the cheap ones on ebay $60 sliders will do the same job as $20 ones

·
Registered
65 Posts
Z1K Frame Slider Help??

Can anyone tell me what brand, model the sliders are on this bike:

They're sitting over the engine in this picture, but I have no idea what brand they are!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts