Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Freakin' pickups

2K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  Cobra 
#1 ·
Yesterday I was riding home from work on I95. I was in the left lane, keeping up with traffic but leaving about 3-4 car lengths between me and the guy in front. I check behind me fairly often and notice a big blue pickup getting a bit close. Each time I glance behind he is closer. I actually turn around and stare at him as if to say "WTF?" and he pulls to about two feet behind me with both of us going near 70mph. Screw it, I'm moving over and letting the idiot pass. The right lane is packed so I have to look for a spot. At this point he passes me IN MY LANE just a foot or two on my left.

That's the problem on a bike, you can't write down a tag even if you could read it. I thought of catching up to him to memorize it but he was booking and the interstate was hitting rush hour. So, I just took a deep breath and decided not to let him get to me. However, a few revenge fantasies did play through my mind.

Tim

#31 ·
Terrible idea.

He probably had a tiny dick and was intimidated by anything that isn't large and lifted going faster then he was. Fucking tiny dicked assholes and their pickups.
I drive a pickup.....What are you trying to say, Slob??

I'm starting to think that you've seen me naked.

--David

#3 ·
You did good, can't let emotions get to you. You should work on getting better at memorizing plate numbers though.

As far as retaliating, it's not worth it...a lot of vengeful riders have paid a heavy price trying to get back at some cager. You may feel badass being on a bike but a cager can take you out without much effort at all.

#4 ·
like the guy thats followed a cage, cage stopped, biker stopped behind him, cager put it in reverse, ran over the man and his bike killing him

gotta be careful about drastic decisions out there, some people are just assholes, some are crazy

#5 ·
Smart move bro, better to be smart and ride another day. As for memorizing plates, I am very good. You can practice and hone this skill, everytime when riding, pick a random vehicle and read the tag and memorize. Then see if you still remember it a few minutes later.

#6 ·
there was a local guy here earlier this year who had 2 teenage girls pull out in front of him almost causing him to wreck, he followed the girls and the driver called her dad and when they got close to the girls house the dad was in the driveway with a gun and shot the guy on the bike. he was only 23 he died at the hospital. RIP

gatta be careful out there. try your best to just let it go. not worth it

#9 ·
He probably had a tiny dick and was intimidated by anything that isn't large and lifted going faster then he was. Fucking tiny dicked assholes and their pickups.
Only place I see those things are in AZ and CA, scary as shit driving in a car around them, I can only imagine how it is on a bike.

#14 ·
I love my dog too. As for the "revenge fantasy" it was just that, fantasy. I thought of catching up and getting the tag but it would be my word against his and I'm sure nothing would come of it. I'm getting better in my old age at letting things roll off my back, especially when on the bike.

As to the person who made the comment about taking off his mirror. Well, I'm not sure my skills are up to doing that at 70mph in rush hour traffic. Besides, I just know I would be the one hauled off to jail if I didn't crash in the process.

Speaking of dogs. I seldom miss a chance to post her photo.

Tim

Attachments

#25 ·
I think their point was to get you out of the left lane because of all of the space you left in front of you.

In certain areas where I live (San Antonio and Austin, TX) they will post signs such as "Left lane for passing only" or "Slower traffic keep to the right."

You definitely did the right thing in getting out of the way.

#26 ·
its happened to me plenty of times. i live in AR so you can only imagine how many hicks have their big fords and chevys tryna be super cool down here.

i think someone started a thread on this forum about people following too close. someone said to carry a pocket full of pennies and throw some at them. sounds fun

#27 ·
i may be jacking your thread but a group of us were out riding about 10 and i was staying near the back of the group because most of the guys were squids and was scared i was going to get ran into while they were trying to do endos and stuff at lights but anyway back to the pickup truck part of the story a few guys were tailgating a pickup truck and he had 2 couches in the truck that were not tied down well one of them flew out. I guess wind got under it and it was off flying threw the air and 2 of the riders almost ran into the couch i dont know how they got out of the way quick enough but they did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.