Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a kn filter and an akra slip on right now. i plan on getting a jet kit and a +4 advancer down the road, but is there anything i can do now? i have heard about removing the kleen system, but a search didnt turn up any how-tos in the zx9 section. how do i do it? and is there anything else like that i can do to make the bike run a little better ir get more power?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Best bang for the bucks are -1 on front and +2 or +3 on the rear!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have enough of a problem keeping the front down now, i would have to wheelie through 2nd gear like first, lol. how much does that mess with the reading on the speedo?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
about 10mph off

·
Registered
367 Posts
i think they are geared pretty good from the factory.... they rev high enough on the freeway as is

the only real free mods are the kleen removal, and taking the mesh out of the stock air filter

·
Registered
367 Posts
probably the same as any bike with a kleen style system. pull out the big valve that sits on the rocker cover... join the two spigots comming out of the rocker cover with a hose, follow the hoses comming from the valve and block them all up (one goes to the airbox and a smaller one goes to the balancing nipples. either block up or join to each other

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.