Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a few small nails not too long ago, so i decided it was time to use that tire warranty i bought. Dealership let me upgrade to Pilot Power, so I got it for free thanks to the beauty of nails

Next I need to get some honey mustard so I can get rid of those chicken strips

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
tire warranty?? are you sure you didnt nail those suckers in yourself to get a fresh tire? ;)

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i hid the hammer....j/k...i don't play around like that...karma you know, just glad to get what i deserve

·
Registered
439 Posts
I don't think i've ever seen a nail on the road, or hit one. where are you guys and why are there some many nails around? Do you work on construction sites?

Nice new tire. Gotta love the freebies.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Should have held out for a Metzler M3. [:M10] Unless your old tire REALLY sucked, then I guess you did ok. =)

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by OhBriansZX6R
I don't think i've ever seen a nail on the road, or hit one.
if u ride everyday like i do, u will

between 2 bikes, ive hit nails on 4 different tires now. cant wait to do my 5th [:M69]

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, been hearing good stuff about M3's, might be my next move, that or pilot 2ct

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Yeah...I'm really biased, though. I had a really crappy set of powers when I went with them (they have terrible quality control), and I've had perfect sets of all the Pirelli's and Metzlers I've ran, so I generally try to steer people away from Michelin (even though there are great sets of Powers out there, the QC issues alone make me want to stay away).

·
Registered
439 Posts
Do you really know about QC issues and michelin or are you just guessing thats the problem? just wondering.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I don't know about mc tires, but I never really liked Michelin on my car (seemed to slip around a lot). I guess it's all about your riding style and how you like your tires to feel. Even watching the GP race, and listening to the interviews about tires, SOME of the riders said the michelins dont offer as much feel as other brands. I'm going with the m3's when my stockers are done. Guess you gotta go with what you like.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by OhBriansZX6R
Do you really know about QC issues and michelin or are you just guessing thats the problem? just wondering.
I've heard from many people other than myself who had similar problems that are due to poor construction of their particular carcass/rubber. Several people have reported getting two or three or more sets of PP's in a row that were completely out of round after one 3k mile season, I've heard from a lot of people who have had very inconsistent feedback...even to the point of one side having more feel than the other side of the same set of tires. It's all things that have to do with problems in the contstruction, how the compound is mixed and molded to the tire, even the care taken in molding the carcass itself. PP's have different compounds on the shoulder and in the middle to help with longer life down the center patch of the tire, and some of the feel and grip problems can definately be pinned on a sloppy mix of the hard and soft compounds, etc. I don't have any scientific research papers or anything, but I've heard from enough other people who's experiences agree with my own that I'm pretty sure it wasn't just a case of me getting one bad batch of tires.

From what I've read and heard, a GOOD set of properly constructed Pilot Powers are excellent tires, but they do release sets that have construction issues. That's a huge no-no for a company as big as Michelin. There's no excuse for these sets to get past QC, which is why I say there's a QC issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.