Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off. So pissed i let my friend ride my bike today. He took it up to the store from my house came back with my mirror broken off im like ok u hit a parked car thats $80 no problem. Then he says but man look, i was like WHATTT he had crashed at like 15-20 some guy cut him off, hes still somewhat beginner so he didnt know how to react.

I went to Long Island Kawasaki over by me and I got some prices on what i need. If anyone knows how I can get any better prices let me know.

The front cowl(green)..........$469.47
Left Side upper faring(green)..$189.99
Tail end(green)................$313.24
Shifter pedal...................$99.99
Engine generator cover.........$115.00
Left Side mirror................$79.99

TOTAL.......---$1267.68

Does anyone know how I can do better on this?

Any help would be cool

Thanks

·
Registered
763 Posts
www.ronayers.com

ive just found out tho that even tho lots of people recommend ron ayers, my dealer told me they would match ron ayers price, which would avoid the shipping costs.

i found a MUCCCH better deal on ebay tho, so thats probably your best bet.

i got every single fairing on the whole bike... nose, tail, mid and lower for both the left and right sides, front fender, gas tank, plastic piece in front of tank, and a few other pieces for $1380 to my door.

so ya, look on ebay.

·
Registered
785 Posts
You make him pay for it, problem solved! He did after all wreck it, did he not?

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea he is paying for it, but hes been a good friend for years i want to get him a good price. I kinda feel bad for him too

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
My suggestion is find a new friend. JK

Check eBay, but always check other places before you buy off eBay.

--David

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Originally posted by Greenisfaster
Yea he is paying for it, but hes been a good friend for years i want to get him a good price. I kinda feel bad for him too
Thats cool that he will foot the bill. Some friendships are on another level than most.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Friends don't let friends ride their bikes. :D
Check ebay, they have pre-painted stock fairings for relatively cheap.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Damn! Tell your buddy he just bought a slightly dropped bike. Then when he transfers the loan in his name, you go and get another 636.[8D]

·
Registered
323 Posts
i let one of my good freinds borrow my bike all the time even overnite and i dont even think twice about it.
one thing i know for sure is if anything was to ever happen...everything is paid for with out me having to say anything.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
That sucks! Adam (Zero Cool) and I switched bikes a couple times, but nobody else I know will get to ride mine. It's just too risky, for reasons just like this thread. I hope he actually pays for it and gets it all back together for you.

·
Registered
148 Posts
+1 on cheap parts from Ebay for whatever you can find.

Now just make him let you ride and crash his girlfriend to make up for it[^]

·
Registered
279 Posts
Samething happened to me before. He tipped it over on a curb. Fucking newbs.

He more than likely didn't get cut off. He probably just dropped the shit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I won't even let friends SIT on my bike. This includes my best friend and my wife.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Originally posted by pcracks25
i let one of my good freinds borrow my bike all the time even overnite and i dont even think twice about it.
one thing i know for sure is if anything was to ever happen...everything is paid for with out me having to say anything.
same here.

but for ur question
"Friend dropped my BIKE!!!, Need some help.. please"

bring foot back as far as possible then with all ur strength procede to kick him in the nuts.

repeat process over and over and over. if he's able to get up, let him kick u in the nuts for letting him ride it lol.

ebay..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Originally posted by Greenisfaster
First off. So pissed i let my friend ride my bike today. He took it up to the store from my house came back with my mirror broken off im like ok u hit a parked car thats $80 no problem. Then he says but man look, i was like WHATTT he had crashed at like 15-20 some guy cut him off, hes still somewhat beginner so he didnt know how to react.

I went to Long Island Kawasaki over by me and I got some prices on what i need. If anyone knows how I can get any better prices let me know.

The front cowl(green)..........$469.47
Left Side upper faring(green)..$189.99
Tail end(green)................$313.24
Shifter pedal...................$99.99
Engine generator cover.........$115.00
Left Side mirror................$79.99

TOTAL.......---$1267.68

Does anyone know how I can do better on this?

Any help would be cool

Thanks
Call Chris at Flatout Motorsports. His number is 317-882-2453. He is a Kawasaki dealer and will sell parts at 20% above cost I believe. I've purchased tons of stuff from him and the service is GREAT. I gaurantee hee will give you much better prices.

Jimmy

·
Registered
327 Posts
i went through that same ordeal except my buddies bill was a little over 6k. Never let freinds ride your bike, there are too many things that can go wrong.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.