Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That black resevoir is for the coolant. If it isn't leaking, then no harm, no foul. Since it isn't a pressurized part of the cooling system, scuffs won't affect it any.

But you will want to keep an eye on it incase the walls are thin enough that hot coolant warps the plastic enough for a hole to open up.

BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey!

My friend took a spill on his 99 6R and has some damage under his left fairing. The left fairing has a hole and the sliding caused a black resevoir (not sure what it is) to get quite thin on the walls. It's not leaking though. He took it to a shop and the guys there said it's no big deal... I'm kinda skeptical though. Any thoughts? I don't know much about this and I'm just posting on his behalf. Thanks!

~Eddie

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would just keep an eye on it, but in the mean time search all the fine motorcycle wrecking yards that we have in this region. Zdeno cycle, to cycle, I'm sure one of these places should be able to help you out.

ps. If you call zdeno in kitcher ask for Al. when you talk him tell him that Patrick from Mcbride sent you. This works for me!

[}:)]

Misfit Ryders
st.cath,ont

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I suppose if you covered the damaged part with JB weld it would fix er up. Would probably look like ass though, if it's visible at all w the fairing on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.