Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always appreciate the opportunity to address issues in a public forum if our customers so chose to bring it into the public light. What a great time we live in where people can voice concerns about retailers, customers, enemies, opponents or friends in a public setting. Thanks to the Kawi moderators for allowing this post to stay.

My name is Joe I am with Sum of all parts in Austin. I'd like to have Carmen's permission to post the details of the transaction prior to giving our side of the story if it's his intention. Stuff got messed up, that's without a doubt. It was a small item that we didn't give much priority to. One of the things that I've learned, and I'm learning is that every customer- big or small item- deserves equal treatment. In this case, we simply treated a customer poorly and now we have to deal with fixing it. I believe at this point steps are in place that make things right for him. Carmen is a serviceman and we respect that. We have since worked out an agreeable solution to the problem. It should also be noted that the statements in the above post did not and cannot reflect what was said in it's entirety. I can type up an email from Bill Gates and post it on this message board as easily as anybody can.

Yes, tempers flared. No, we never intended to screw anybody. You can do the same as everyone else and view our feedback here:

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISA...d=sumofallparts

No, it's not perfect. But let's be realistic here too! We sell mostly USED motorcycle parts at LOWEST MARKET VALUE, there will be times when differences in opinion, fitment and application will cause problems. BUT WE ARE NEVER more than a phone call away, our feedback shows that. We spend a TREMENDOUS amount of time and effort making sure everyone has the opportunity to help make problems right. We even hired a full time person JUST to handle customer service. What would Dells or Nokia or Walmart or Suzuki have for feedback if it were posted publicly? I know that when a public business gets a higher than 90% approval rating stocks in a blind gallup poll there stocks have been known to soar 15-20% when the bell rings. But we are not some huge company, it's only 7 of us here full time so every customer needs to be treated with dignity and respect. Not just 90% of them.

But mostly, and this is what's important here- we are learning constantly and we absolutely welcome the idea of feedback, community forums such as this one, direct communication and honesty so that we can HELP our fellow riders. I mean, let's not forget that we all wave to each other when we meet on the open road!

Ride safe, and thanks again for the bandwidth.

Joe
I can be reached on my cell phone at 512-947-5422 or 512-416-1800 at the office. Our address is 209 E. Ben White near Congress and BW. Stop by any time.

P.S. For what it is worth, and it's not much, we were in fact back ordered on the Kawasaki frame sliders for 1 month. There was a break down in communication that is 100% our fault. We have since offered all of our customers a complete refund on the product and a $20 credit towards future purchases if they so desire.

PPS Some of you folks need to calm down and remember that there are always two sides to a story. The couple hate emails (and the death threat, that was classy) don't do much for anyone involved. Let's try to keep the discourse healthy and productive. Thanks again, RIDE SAFE!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Damn! What post was this a response to?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
yeah, well i do alot of business myslef online, and you guys F*ed up alot. good luck with your sales department as i have informed other motorcyle riders about your policys.

regards,
the kawasaki pussy rider

·
Registered
537 Posts
I STILL DID NOT GET MY SET!!!!!
AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS MAILES 3 WEEKS AGO!!! US MAIL IS BAD, BUT NOT THAT BAD!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is your userID? We said the order shipped, and as I stated we were wrong. What is your email or phone # or something so I can reference it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please send us your email address- there's no way I can know you by your forum name or other contact info. Phone # would be best, I'll have Laura call you. Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
My friend you are a person who is trying to sell something to the public. True there are two (or more) sides to a story and usually both aren't 100% but from reading "your" emails and your replies to the feedback that was left on ebay I would advise that you watch the comments and don't post a reply/email straight after reciving a critisim. The worst thing that you can do is make comments like:

Good Seller - great communication - shipping cost not actual, + mat'l
Reply by sumofallparts: next time we'll wrap it in a paper bag and stick a 37 cent stamp on it for ya!

HORRIBLE SHIPPING. WAITED 2 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY AND NO APOLOGIES. Reply by sumofallparts: 14 days during holidays IS acceptable time for GROUND shipping, big guy.

Worst seller ever contact me for proof of e-mails that he has left me DO NOT BUY
Reply by sumofallparts: Genius is just mad because changed mind three times and upset about the "delay"

Part not graded fairly but that's my opinion. I don't care enough to complain
Reply by sumofallparts: so next time call or do something, don't just whine in your feedback about us.

radiator was bent in the middle did not say that in his add add said no damage
Reply by sumofallparts: JERK! Give us a chance to fix it, don't just leave neg FB! don't ask now

Bad feedback is one thing but being abusive back to them makes it sooooooo much worse. You may read this and think "Dumb ozzi" but believe me when I say the best rule told to me in realation to selling:
You could be selling the best stock in the world but with crap customer service you'll be having to work harder to make the sale but with a great customer service the stock will sell itself

·
Registered
321 Posts
well pod i accept what you said and hope that the frame sliders i ordered from you will be here in a timely manner.
PS: shawndunn00
louisville, KY 40258

thanks[8D]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the hints Ozzi, and thanks for the feedback on the feedback. I guess I am just never going to succeed because I have something wrong with me. I'm a little too frank I suppose. And I always will be. If someone is stupid, arrogant, unreasonable or anything else that rubs me wrong well I'm not going to keep my mouth shut. I just won't. Now, on the other hand, if someone is reasonable, generous, kind, smart, etc I will also tell them. There's a reason we have 98.3% positive feedback. There's also a reason we have 1.7% negative feedback. IT's because we are honest with our feedback THAT'S why it's feedback and not "rating" Sometimes people retaliate, sometimes people are just absolutely STUPID and can't communicate with us and sometimes I'm just an asshole (like this time, with Carmen) and we get negative feedback for it.

Please contact [email protected] to get tracking and or status updates if any of you are still not getting your sliders. I've had a looong talk with our supply chain on this screw up.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by pod
But mostly, and this is what's important here- we are learning constantly and we absolutely welcome the idea of feedback, community forums such as this one, direct communication and honesty so that we can HELP our fellow riders. I mean, let's not forget that we all wave to each other when we meet on the open road!
Kind of hard to believe that warm, fuzzy quote when you write a customer the following:

"I should expected as much from a girl who rides a Kawasaki. LOL. Great bike you got there snookems. You will never, ever, ever get me removed from ebay. You are an insignificant little shit."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"you?" what do you mean by "you" are you talking about "me"?? Or someone ele? Are you sure you know as much as you think you do? I would highly advise asking some questions before you run off making presumptions.

I could type of an email from bill gates, George Bush, your mom or anybody for that matter and post it as theirs... ask some questions if you are interested in the truth, or at least another side of the story.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ive read this whole thread, and im still confussed(lol). But im certain about one thing, I would not do business with this guy if he gave the stuff to me for free. I am self employed also, and there is one thing in ive learned if i wana continue in business(the customer is allways right).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you presume that those emails are my words. You presume I said those things based on... Well what do you base it on? What you read? I'd suggest getting both sides of the story before I made any decisions about who I would and wouldn't buy from (or sell to!) But, hey, that's just me... My phone # is 512-947-5422

98.4% of our customers can't be wrong guys...

·
Registered
999 Posts
Why are you so concerned about setting the records straight in this forum. If your business is legit and you have a 98.4% feedback then what are you worried about. I only know from what I have read in here but this is what I have gathered. You sold some people so items and they didnt get them or it took a long time for you to ship them. People emailed you about there items and rude things were said. People come in here and warn others about your "98.4%" business and try to save other people from dealing with the same hassles. You did admit that you made some mistakes, I respect that but then you also keep saying you didnt say this or that, or its other people fault. Now if you would have spent all this time just fixing the problems with the upset customers then they wouldnt be on here talking bad about you. I know there is three sides to every story, your side, his side, and the truth. In the end it comes down to if you take care of your customers and trest them with respect they will take care of you. I know you can not please everyone 100% of the time its impossible because some people are never happy no matter what. Anyways this is just my 2 cents on this whole thread.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's a good question, I'm here because I do care about my customers. How many retailers would take the time to address these things- in a public forum no less? Not many I bet! My point was clear- we made mistakes. I apologized to the party we offended. If you notice I wasn't trying to set any record straight. I never have given my side of the story, have I? Nope, and it wouldn't matter anyway because the problem was not in the transaction, the problem was the way we treated Carmen AFTER he left us negative feedback. Why is that hard to understand?
Shawn yes we sell Kawi stuff, not very much tho!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Originally posted by pod
I'm a little too frank I suppose. And I always will be. If someone is stupid, arrogant, unreasonable or anything else that rubs me wrong well I'm not going to keep my mouth shut. I just won't.
There is a bit of a difference between frankness and personal attack. There is little need to call names just because you did not get quite the feedback you wanted. You cannot please everybody all the time, but you can be respectful all the time.

Originally posted by pod
you presume that those emails are my words. You presume I said those things based on... Well what do you base it on? What you read?
This is a message board and so much is based on what is read. If you sent those emails, say so, but do not imply that another member is posting lies. If you did not, say so, so inaccuracies can be removed. You can just tell your side of the story instead of teasing with it. If you want the truth, the emails that have allegedly come from you (girlie, snookems) do not sound much different than the feedback you have left (genius, jerk).

People check out these threads so they can make an informed buying decision, so it is important to be accurate. Did you send those emails? That is a yes-or-no question so we will look for either word as the first in your reply.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.