Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching my service manual and google for qutie a while now and can't for the life of me find out the specifications on what size/type of bolts I need to replace these (the front and back two gas tank mounting bolts.) The guy I bought my bike from tore the crap out of the heads on these bolts and I'd like to replace them on my 2001 ZX6R. What is the best way to search for these types of parts online or is it just best to head to my local dealer to find/buy replacements like this.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Its been a while since i sold mine, i just went down to the local auto shop and bought a selection of stainless steel metric bolts M5 M6 M8 M10 in the longest length they sold. that way you can just cut them down to the size you need and you will always have spare to replace missing, damaged or just rusty bolts. Make sure they have the hex type head on them as thats what your toolbag contains.
sorry its not the exact answer your after.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.