Get off of my lawn Dammit
43,562 Posts
i have 2012 stock zx6r, with less then 200 miles,
and i notice that when i squeeze the front brake
no matter how easy the bike stops like i am squezzing all my might
concern is i dont want to lock up the front because because there is no
modulation anyone
know about this.

I'm not trying to be a dick but is this your first sport bike? I'm just asking because the brakes are way better than your average cruiser....at least that's been my experience. I recently had the opposite problem, i.e., I'd squeeze with all my might and have no stopping power but I worked it out.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i have 2012 stock zx6r, with less then 200 miles,
and i notice that when i squeeze the front brake
no matter how easy the bike stops like i am squezzing all my might
concern is i dont want to lock up the front because because there is no
modulation anyone
know about this.
If it is really as you describe and not just the fact that you are new to the bike, take the bike back to the dealer immediately for inspection/ let them test ride it (may need to trailer it or have them come pick it up if it is unsafe to ride). Or, if you have a buddy you trust let them sample it and give you feedback. It's probably like others have said if you are new to sport bikes, but I have the same bike as you and the brakes offer incredible modulation/ feel on this bike; one of the best braking experiences I've had on a stock system.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
If you are new to this type of sportbike and just not used to the power of the brakes, then you should start braking with just two fingers, your index and middle finger are all you need. Some people, even some racers, only use one finger on the brake lever. Very light pressure will start slowing the bike down. Just progressively squeeze harder until you get the most braking you need for that particular situation.

Never grab the lever, instead, squeeze the lever. Practice progressively squeezing the lever with just two fingers until it becomes second nature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts