Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weekends ago at VIR, I was running my bike ('05 6R) thru tech inspection and the guy asked me if I ever had a problem with my brakes getting mushy after they get hot. I said, "no, never been a problem." He went on to say a lot of 6R owners have this problem and it's pretty much cuz the master cylinder is junk. It was hotter than hell that weekend and I did notice my brakes got mushy after a few sessions but nothing major. Anyone else have and/or hear of this problem with the master cylinder? What's a good replacement? Over the course of the weekend, several random people also asked me about it, so there must be something to it. I'll go do a search now. [:I][8D] Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
with stainless lines i have never encountered any issues on track, all 2 finger braking all day long....on the street 1 is more than enough...

BUT i did just buy a new 19x18 Brembo radial master complete with all the street hardware...as i want more braking power and feel.

may put the zx radial on my RC51, havent decided yet, as the standard RC51 setup with stainless lines is damn solid.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Strange - Many ZX-10 owners replace the stock M/C with the radial on the '05 ZX-6 and like the improvement (with SS lines). Many take this route as it's cheaper than the Brembo...

I just got my 6 and was impressed by the feel over the one on my 10...albeit not on the track...yet! [:M33]

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I agree, I think the braided lines are the way to go. My brakes work good for street riding but they will be even better when I get around to changing to braided lines. That and having one line going to each caliper will greatly improve the braking feel and how well they work.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Get some braided lines you will be more than happy, and you wont have any "Mushy" issues..

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by jdgun_13
Get some braided lines you will be more than happy, and you wont have any "Mushy" issues..
Yea, I'm going to get the braided lines and I also was advised to try the DOT 501 brake fluid. Anybody use this fluid?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.