Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats Up Peeps
Just wanted to kno if anybody know's why my front brakes on my 636 won't work. Tried bleeding them a couple times but awhile after, they go out. Any info would help.....

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Make sure that while you are bleeding the brakes, you open up the master cylinder cover envery now and again and keep the fluid level high. Also, when you think you are done bleeding the brakes, and have put away the tools, open the cover one last time.

Brake bleeding creates a vacuum in the master cylinder, and if you don't release the vacuum, the brakes won't pump up. I found this out with a friend's FZR600. We changed the pads, had decent brake feel, bled the brades, and all the feel was gone. Opened the cover, added fluid, put the cover back on, and suddenly the brakes were back. Bled them again, and it went bye-bye one more time.

Finaly realized what was happening, and took the cover off, put it back on, and his brakes were fine ever since.

Also, another good way to make sure every last air bubble is removed is to squeeze the brake lever, and tie it to the handlebar and leave it overnight. Come back, open the bleeder, and get that last bit of air out. Sometimes it takes the smaller air bubbles alot more time to travel through the compressed fluid. Leaving the brakes activated overnight gives them time to get into the caliper.

BC.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks For the info BLADECUTTER I'll try that and see what happens...

DTMSURF my brakes work for a very short while. I'll bleed them,then move the bike a little they work, move the bike again they don't. When i pump the brake about 20 reps they come back on.

GODSDOZER I did add fluid to the res. Does the resevoir have to chambers in it? If so the lower part of the chamber is low. And how is that filled up?

Peeps I did notice that there is a small amount of brake fluid leaking from the hose coming from the Resevoir. Any Info would help
And I THANK everyone for there time.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Originally posted by Sho Ninja
Peeps I did notice that there is a small amount of brake fluid leaking from the hose coming from the Resevoir.
No wonder your brakes do not work. There is a leak in the system. As fluid leaks out, air leaks in, and braking power is lost.

The clamp may not seal properly or the hose may be damaged. Park your bike until you find the problem and solve it or take it up with a dealer.

In the mean time, use rags around the leak. Brake fluid will quickly attack the plastics. If it already has, you can have them replaced under warranty.

By the way, when you bleed the brakes, you can simply leave the brake cap off the reservoir.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah,
THANKS for your help ya'll. ROB LEE Thanks. I saw the leak a few days later. I notice that fluid was dripping from the calippers to the concret. I thought it could have come from the forks. But its not.It's leaking from the resevoir hose or the resevoir. I'll get on that ASAP. Thanks Everyone, if any problems arise i'll be talkin with ya'll again. But i hope not......;)lol...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.