Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a stock front end and a gpr steering stablizer and feel like the front tire will slide out it happen 1 time before i use piolt tires and want to know where to start on adjusting in front to get better feed back so it might happen again any sugestions thanxs

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had a similar situation to what you did. My bike is stock with pirelli Supercorsas. First I set my sag front and rear, I think my setting were 36mm front and 33mm rear. To compensate for my new 70 series front tire I raised the rear 5mm and dropped the front 1 mm. So i had a total of 6mm. This made a huge differance in the making the bike balanced. The front and rear really give good feedback. As for compression and rebound, it was set up by a suspension guru at pacific raceway. He made a few click adjustments from the kawasaki stock settings. That also made the bike feel better. Hope this helps.

BTW, i weigh 190lbs with gear

·
Registered
96 Posts
Also would like to add that I was also searching for front end feel before setting up my bike. But there is no one adjustment that changes the front end feel directly (at least for me). It accumalates from positive adjustments. Basically, set up the bike to your weight and style and the front end feel will increase from that.

·
Registered
554 Posts
When you changed to Pilot Powers did you change the bike geometry? Or did you just change the tires? Pilot powers are tall in front. So if you are riding like a chopper its going to push and have a lack of feel.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i felt it on the track and the street i am 150 with gear and i went with 120/65 powers thanks for the info i'll play with it more to get it rite

·
Registered
414 Posts
Take it to Washington Cycle Works in Washington NJ. They are experts in setting bikes up. 25 to 35 bucks. Ask for Ron. Well worth the trip and you won't be sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.