Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a pretty bad rub on my front fender and underneath the nose of my bike after pulling some wheelies in a parking lot. I'm just learning with the clutch so I'm bringing it down pretty hard. How do I fix this?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Either quit wheeling or learn how to set them down softer. You can try adding some preload to the front suspension, that will help keep the front end from compressing all of the way down so fast and hard.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"adding preload"....explain please

BTW...don't come out flaming like a dickhead with comments like "quit wheeling or learn how to set them down softer"....thats what I'm doing ass-hat, learning....value added replies only please[:M83]

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had the same prolem when i first started wheelies but i spent a whole day just practicing clutching it up and slowly bringing it was down wiht the brake and throttle now when i bring it down the front never gets close to bottoming out i say just practice and then you will get it figured out and not even think about it when you are riding wheelies any more

·
Registered
65 Posts
haha take it easy tho gradually progress the height of your wheelie and bringing it down and u can't go rong
just start small and then go big haha

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
the top of the forks have adjustment. looks like a bolt head with an screw driver slot on top. both can be turned in or out. also have an screw slot on the bottom that can be adjusted. it tells you in the owners manual how to do it. do u have ur manual? also do a search on suspension adjustment. it's been discussed, maybe it'll pop up. and when coming down from a wheeli, gas it some (ride it out farther) and it will come down smoother.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Hmm, I am the asshat. Makes alot of sense since I am the one asking about how to figure out why my fender is hitting my front nose after slamming wheelis down. Then I offer advice and you dont know what the preload adjustment is.

Take the time to learn about the bike and the areas that can be user setup, it will come in handy later on down the road. Like was said there are three adjustments on the front end. Preload, compression and rebound.

Compression adjustment is on the bottom of the fork leg, rebound is the screw slot on the top of the forl and preload the blue nut adjuster right under the slot on the top of the fork. Read the owners manual, it explains it all in detail.

dont get pissy, I am sure the next post you will make is why is my front nose/upper coming lose or why is my ram air tube broken. Asshat...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont get pissy, I am sure the next post you will make is why is my front nose/upper coming lose or why is my ram air tube broken. Asshat...

lose? do you mean loose? nice try shit-stick;) go back to school:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.