Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since on the 6R the mount is recessed a bit, it makes getting blinkers a little harder.

LP flushmount V5's will work if you spin them backwards, but people cant see you as well.

I use these, from www.grapicartmotodesign.com but you will need to grind down the fairing a little so they sit flush..

/forum/uploads/cdnninjazx6r/flushmount.jpg

------

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello all I need some advice on replacing my bulky front blinkers with flushmounts. I went and bought some clear flushmounts that stick on by LP from my dealer and after taking off the old bulky blinkers I noticed that they dont really fit on there correctly. What have you guys done to replace your blinkers?

2003 Zx6r

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmmmm grinding down the fairing LOL....I guess that might be my only option but I've seen other bikes on this forum that have the flush mounts like yours. I wonder if they grinded there fairing down?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I bought a pair of LP smallls and they worked great .............. I didnt have to grind anything on my 03. Sure if you look up close there is a very small gap, but from more than 3 inches away you cant even tell. I suppose I could have done just a little minute dremelling on the light itself for the perfect fit but it is so close that it just isnt worth it.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i have the type v's on mine. theres a little gap near the bottom but its not noticeable until i tell you its there.
/forum/uploads/arturo3rd/bike2.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Same here. No grinding needed. On the front bottom side, it bends in a little but it is not noticeable enough for me to grind the fairing.
I have a question about them though...I've had them for only a couple of days so, how long do they last? Since they are just glued on there I have a feeling they will start to peel away. Anyone had theirs for a long time?

·
Registered
47 Posts
cyberdos... my LP Vs lasted about 1 weeks before they started to fall off. I used some krazy glue and they stick just fine now:)

I live in Florida and my garage gets hot/humid as hell, which makes anything with less than super-strong adhesives melt and fall apart.lol

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Just plain ole krazy glue huh? You didn't get it close to the edges did you? I'd be kinda scared it would get that white stuff on the fairing around the light if I get it to close to the edges.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Originally posted by cyberdos

Since they are just glued on there I have a feeling they will start to peel away. Anyone had theirs for a long time?
Mine stayed on fine under all sorts of conditions, until I dumped the bike at the track on Sunday. They popped off, but didn't break, so I'm going to try gluing them back on.

·
Registered
239 Posts
this method involves a little bit of work, but they will not come off. remove fairings. find a small piece of aluminum (a couple of mm thick), sand it down, so that is the same shape as the whole, but slightly larger. make sure to drill a small hole in it for the wires to go through. paint the whole mounting piece w/ touchup paint the same color as your bike if you have it. use silicon adhesive to glue the bracket to the outside of the fairing over the hole for the signals. then use good double sided tape(not the cheap stuff included in kit) to stick the signal to the new bracket.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
clean the spot where they are going on with alchohol pads or something similar. the first ones i had fell of in two months and i replaced them, first cleaning the contact area, they have ben on for 8 months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.