Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have a 1995 zx-6r that i have been building over the past year from the ground up....i have a chance to buy a 1994 zx-9r front end.....rim, forks, tree, rotors basically everything minus the clip ons and calipers for $200 CND i was wondering if anyone knows (the forks are different sizes) but will the steering stem match up for the 6r ...will it be the same except for the holes where the forks come up will the steering stem all line up and will i have to get a new front fender.Besides looking cool will it really be that much different.....personally i'm been into motocross my entire life and never really noticed a difference between inverted and conventional front forks.....but its a totally differnt game on a street bike

hope i was descriptive enough also will the 6r calipers fit on the 9r forks i'm just trying to get it all lined up and make sure i'm not spending money that could be spent on something useful

thanks JUSTIN

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hey Justin, I'd reccomend starting by taking a look at kawi parts diagrahms to see if the parts #'s match up. If then do then I'd say its a safe assumption that they'll swap. You can always modify them to fit though. I havnt done it myself but plenty of people have swapped front ends before.

You're up from Niagra Falls eh? I went to school up in Hamilton. Ever ride with the guys from Beaver Dams Racing?

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
The zx7/9 from that vintage have a very very beefy triple clamp and stem....I would be willing to bet the bearings are way too big. I think I have some zx7 bearings in a box somewhere...I can get a size off them if I can find them.

But, I would still buy it and resell it if nothgin else....$200cdn is what 180US..? wheel and rotors is worth that alone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no never rode with the guys from Beaver Dams Racing my buddy has picked up some parts from a few guys that belong to the club he says there really good guys i'm planning on getting some ride time in with them this upcomming season hopefully.......thanks for the help ya i didnt even think of doing a cross reference between the parts thanks for the tip......Candyman. jbreit if you wouldnt mind sending me a pm pretaining the bearing size .........

thanks for the info JUSTIN

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.