Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfiends 02 ZX636 A1P is in need of a front wheel. I've heard conflicting opinions about what model's rims will fit this particular bike. Finding a straight rim for this bike is becoming a real pain in the arse and there are plenty of ZX9R rims around for cheaper. Anyone care to shed some light on what will bolt on with no modifications? Thanks guys.

- Kylie

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
00-03 zx9r wheel
zzr600 (05 and newer in Europe I think)
z1000 front wheel.

98-02 zx9r front wheels would need the bearings changed out and custom spacers.

Other guys have used wheel/rotors/spacers from the 03-06 636's with success...check the parts list sticky at the top of this forum.

I have a z1000 wheel (orange with polished lips) but shipping to you would be "not cheap"...

I tried a zx12r wheel...it fits in the forks perfect using the zx6r spacers, but the brake rotor spacing is too wide...about 9.5mm too wide.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
00-03 zx9r wheel
zzr600 (05 and newer in Europe I think)
z1000 front wheel.

98-02 zx9r front wheels would need the bearings changed out and custom spacers.

Other guys have used wheel/rotors/spacers from the 03-06 636's with success...check the parts list sticky at the top of this forum.

I have a z1000 wheel (orange with polished lips) but shipping to you would be "not cheap"...

I tried a zx12r wheel...it fits in the forks perfect using the zx6r spacers, but the brake rotor spacing is too wide...about 9.5mm too wide.
Thanks Jbreit! Appreciate your help.

What year model Z1000?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interchangeable fender

You gents seem like you will know...
The front fender on my 1992 600zx-r is cracked and needs replacement. It looks as though a few other years models will fit. Any help on which other year/model will fit without additional drilling etc.?

Thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts