Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that the aftermarket front sprockets vibrate worse than the factory ones is their any truth to this. I'm going to be changing my sprockets and chain after the new year. I only want to go +2 in the rear with the factory teeth count in the front. I also want to change to a 520 RK chain. I was going to do -1/+2 but everybody talks about the bikes front end coming up and I don't care for that. I don't ride the interstates, I mainly ride back and forth to work about 5 miles and do my running around on it with the occasional back road ride. I don't want to do anything that is going to cause harmonic vibration in the trans, this is my only way to work. Just looking to pep up the bike in the low and midrange without running up the RPMs to high.

Thanks Z636

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
doubt you gonna notice anymore vibs than you have now. if you don't like to run with the rpm's high, try the +2 only. i went with a -1 +3 and it was screaming the whole time. that got old while out just cruzing or commuting. i now run just a -1 up front.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the posts guys. I really am leaning for the +2 on the rear and just getting the standard size on the front. I want more pep but not anything crazy.

Thanks, Z636

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i really don't like the -1 up front. it puts more of a bind on the chain. on my next chain /sprocket change, i'm going back stock up front with a +2 on the rear.

·
Pursebully
38,898 Posts
I'm running Renthal sprockets - front: stock teeth, rear: +2. Never heard of any vibration issues, and have never had a problem with aftermarket sprockets...or transmission issues. IMO this is the perfect setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts