Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having trouble getting my front sprocket off. I have a breaker bar and the correct socket. But when I try to get the sprocket off, it moves. The chain is still on and I used the brake to stop the back wheel. I also put a piece of wood to enforce the stopping of the wheel but still nothing. I don’t have any pneumatic tools. I don’t want to mess anything up since it’s a major part of operation and probably an expensive fix if something breaks. Any recommendations??

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Check out this thread:

My recommendation would be to have the nut cut and replaced by an experienced mechanic.

I am not handy with the spanners so that's what I did a few months ago, you can try leverage and other methods described above but when you finally hear the crack it will either be the nut unlocked or your gearbox messed up...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn’t read the manual or check out any videos online before asking... but I found out that there is a “washer” type metal piece under the nut to prevent it from turning that I need to bend flat before trying to take off the sprocket nut...

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I didn’t read the manual or check out any videos online before asking... but I found out that there is a “washer” type metal piece under the nut to prevent it from turning that I need to bend flat before trying to take off the sprocket nut...
Let us know if you find the way, many users here fought with this nut but couldn't win the battle!

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had to use an impact wrench to get it off. Even a breaker bar with a long pipe slipped over it with the bike in first just didn't cut it. That washer definitely has to be bent down to remove the sprocket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts