Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't figure it out. There's a squeeking sound coming from the front of my bike (like around the tire, rotor, brake area). Weird thing is, it only does it under 10 mph. I've shut off the bike doing 30mph and it didn't squeek until it hit 10.

I look through my owner's and service manuals and i can't find a cause for it. Any ideas will be much appreciated. I hate to have to take it back to a mechanic.[V]

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
maybe the brake pad warped the rotor somehow. check the pad to look for any grooves as well as the rotor. is it a high pitch?

mine has a low squeak like around the same time your happens. i just live with it. my pads and rotors are fine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pitch is quite high. It's not a steady sound either. It'll squeek, then not, squeek, then not...you get the picture.

It's loud enough that i noticed it while i was riding with the engine on. I might just bring it to the mech. just to be sure i'm not wrecking anything

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's natural for breaks to squeek, more often when you apply light pressure they'll squeek, but a firmer break is nice a quiet.. and we all know firmer is better anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.