Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front tire is starting to get pretty worn as it is the original one. However, I'm on my second rear tire due to flats and it looks pretty good. I plan on replacing just the front. Is that the right thing to do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sure! you don't have to replace both tires everytimes that there is one that have to be replaced. If the rear tire is ok, don't change it ;)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
yeah, dont rotate the tire either. it wont work, trust me, lol

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I wonder why bikes don't come with a spare tire like cars. That sucks man. Give it that Lincoln Continental look.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One more question. The specs for my model are 120/65 ZR17. I'm looking at Ron Ayers' site and see only D208 120/60ZR17 and 120/70ZR17. Thoughts?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just replaced both my front and rear tires - the front needed to be changed as it was "cupping" on the left side. I went with the stock rear size 180/55/17 and went with a 120/60/17 front. There are no problems with this size in front and my bike actually turns in quicker now. If you go with a 120/70/17 front you will need to raise the rear of the bike to match the now higher front.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Originally posted by speedvlaze

Originally posted by cyberdos

I wonder why bikes don't come with a spare tire like cars. That sucks man. Give it that Lincoln Continental look.
That would add weight.[:M89]
Yeah but you can put a donut on there. It doesn't have to be a full size. Geez, some people just don't think:D

·
Registered
207 Posts
SacCity, did u save much money going through ronayers instead of the dealer, cuz i went through the dealer and am wondering if it would be worth it to go through ronayers next time?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Originally posted by speedvlaze

silver 6r,

You almost always save by ordering motorcycle tires online. Many times the savings is significant, and it is always worth your time to bargain hunt for them on the web.
E.g. in Finland you can get one front and two rear tyres with the same price from (German) webshops that local dealer would charge from one set of similar tyres. And usually dealers charge extra for the tyre work. Fortunately I don't have to pay for the tyre work so saves really are quite significant.

At least one non profit trackday organizer also sell (and change the tyres too) Rennsports with similar prices to German online shops, actually the tyres are probably bought from Germany in larger quantities.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by silver_6r

SacCity, did u save much money going through ronayers instead of the dealer, cuz i went through the dealer and am wondering if it would be worth it to go through ronayers next time?
Absolutely. In my experience the dealer is AT LEAST 20% higher, sometimes way more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.