Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am relatively new to bikes so I am not sure how the tires are supposed to wear. I just replaced my back tire , and just noticed my front tire is showing belt on the left side of the front only. The other side looks to have decent tread left still. I could've swore there was enough lots of tread just a few weeks back. I had the rear installed by the dealer (because I really know dick all so far) but somebody told me there is an alignment to the bike that needs to be adjusted correctly when replacing tires. Is this tire wear normal on just one side?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Check your axel bearings by shaking the tire side to side with your hands, plus lifting it up and down. (need a stand) If you have any movement in the front end, besides a smooth tire spin then you have problems in your front end. Maybe a defective/old tire that went bad quickly. Check for proper tire inflation. Recheck your upper and lower triple clamp to ensure forks are even and secure.

OR, Maybe you're that damn good at leaning it over on the clutch side!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah I don't run speedway. Just my first year on a bike.
I see your from Guelph, I loved that city when I lived there. When I go back for a visit we'll have to go for a spin..sweet ass city.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.