Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's Up All,

I am about to change my front tire (just had the back done) and am having a helluve a time finding a correct sized tire for my 2002 in stock - 120-65-17. Everone around has either 120-60-17 or 120-70-17.

So - my question is this - What have you guys switched other than the OEM size and has there been anything better or worse about it. Please reply as I want to get new rubber on the front a.s.a.p. for a weekend of breaking my bike's new shoes in!

·
Registered
252 Posts
when I switched my OEM D207s to Michelin P Sports, I went to a 120/70/17. I was worried about the size, but everyone here insisted it was fine, and it is. I did lower my forks 6 mm to compensate for the slower turn-in, but you get (to quote another post on this board) more grip at lean and better straight line stability.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Striker
There's another thread on this somewhere and on it I
said that down here in Australia Dunlop does have a 208
120/65/17 which I got fitted to mine when the 207's were
worn.
I cant undersand why you guy's cant get that size up there ??

mfzx6r

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can get it, just have to order it. The stealer could have it in stock but it's cheaper elsewhere. Thanks for the replys fellas - I'd figure I prefer to go with the 120/70/17's if that's what is available. BTW - the 1st generation Michelin Pilot Race compound tire is being fitted to her rear.

My Wife is my Lady, but my bike is my Girlfriend.

And I'm the King of the World when we 3 ride together.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i change the front of my 636 from a 120/65/17 bridgestone to 120/60/17 pirelli diablo. the bike turns a lot easier. It actually scared me when i turned out the lot from getting them installed. but now i can take turns faster. don't know if it's because i'm becoming a better rider, or if its the tire size or just a stickier tire, but i'm more comfortable leaning over farther. the decreased strait line stability is true though. a nice wind knocks me of course really easy at lower speeds, no big difference at 70+mph. also front end is lower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.