Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just had a new set of Pilot Powers put on, a serious upgrade from the battlax's I had on. Anyways, now when I pull in my clutch or coast in neutral I can hear a whizzing coming from the front end. It's not rubber to street; it sounds more mechanical than that. Maybe break pad to rotor? The only way I could describe it is a whizzing of some sort. Any one have an idea what this could be?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
First, a few questions...

Is it a really fast clicking? or is it mor of a constant buzz? Can you feel it in your hands? Or is it just sound? The first thing I would check would be the front breaks. And be sure you spin your wheel and check the rotor all around, it could be that something is wrong with one of your rotors.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I'd think if it were your breaks, you'd be able to feel it. Your best bet is to take it to a shop, and see if they've heard of anything like this, or can help you pin-point the problem.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, I don't yet have a kawasaki, but on my CBR that I just sold I had the PP's. I also noticed a slight buzzing sound from the front after I got them. I noticed it more on certain road surfaces. I never had any vibrations or could feel anything either. It was just a sound. I never got to the bottom of what was causing it.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
try to narrow this down just a little bit, did this happen only after you installed the new tires? if so how long after? is it at any paticular RPM rance? and how many miles do you have on your bike?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, only after I installed the tires. I wouldn't now about the RPM thing because if I don't have the clutch in all I can hear is my exhaust. I can hear it when I am coming up to a stop in between down shifting. I have about 4500 miles on my bike. Been a few days now and over 300 miles, still whizzing away. I think it is getting quieter or maybe I am just getting used to it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, not sure this is relevant since you only noticed it after the new PP's, but I had a constant whizzing in the higher rpm/speed range and came to find out it was my clutch lever vibrating in a short amount of space which made that 'whizzzzz' sound. I'd place my finger on the lever and poof, it disappeared. Just adjusted the lever and no more noise. Not sure if that's the case for you, just a thought.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Its your ignition switch,that shit drives me nuts too. Next time you go out for a ride ,hold your key and it will stop.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yeah my key buzzes like a mofo now too.

Also, if you want to hear serious buzzing slap on some HH pads. Shit sounds nutzo at 100+ MPH:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.