Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks ago I had a slight get off because of some chick who decided to NOT pay attention and drift into my lane. Since then, I've been searching for some god damn mirrors for my 06 636.

I ordered a set through a local shop, but because the catalog was misprinted, I ended up getting the wrong ones. It turns out, they didn't even make them.

So my question is....

Do you guys know where I can order a set of non-oem mirrors? I really don't feel like dropping $100 a mirror for them.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
703 Posts
my self and a few others have had success with ordering mirrors which are made for 2004 gsxr600. (they are not suzuki mirrors until they have been on a suzuki). they are easy to find on-line and the stem is about an inch longer so you can "see around" your forearms.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by ldrexler
my self and a few others have had success with ordering mirrors which are made for 2004 gsxr600. (they are not suzuki mirrors until they have been on a suzuki). they are easy to find on-line and the stem is about an inch longer so you can "see around" your forearms.
are they a different shape? pictures of them on your bike?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'll sell you mine if you want stock ones. They are completely useless and I will be ordering mirrors from the 04 gix if they are longer and fit.... Kawi really screwed us on the mirrors on the 05-06.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I bought the green carbon ones from ebay, some german outfit, but very pricy. genuine carbon, mmmmm tasty.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i've got some oem 05 mirrors if you wanna shoot me a price

·
Registered
703 Posts
... the "fairing mount" stays on the bike. you only use the gixr stem and mirror. bolts right on. the emgo brand mirrors are very close to the same size and shape of 05-06 6r mirrors.

·
Registered
156 Posts
EBAY!!! I bought a left mirror for $25. The new base was "shinier" than the old one...I used the old base and just replaced the stem and mirror from the new one.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ebay has a bunch of oem mirrors for sale.

On a side note, I thought I was the only one who couldn't see squat out of the 05 636 mirrors. Guess they just suck.

·
Registered
266 Posts
To be honest, I don't know what you guys are talking about. I can see perfectly fine using the stock mirrors. The only hard part is seeing *right* behind you but that is nothing a small head tilt doesn't fix.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Originally posted by fulcrum
To be honest, I don't know what you guys are talking about. I can see perfectly fine using the stock mirrors. The only hard part is seeing *right* behind you but that is nothing a small head tilt doesn't fix.
[:+1] The only thing I notcied is they shake a little more now than they did when new. May be that I have a slip on now.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Did you mom take Thalitamide when she was pregnant with you?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by prn_star

Did you mom take Thalitamide when she was pregnant with you?
Good one!! Well, almost!

It would have been better if you knew how to spell the name of the drug but hey, can't blame yourself for being stupid, right?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I also read somewhere that the ZX-10 mirrors are the same part number and are cheaper on eBay. Maybe something to look in to??

·
Registered
193 Posts

Good one!! Well, almost!

It would have been better if you knew how to spell the name of the drug but hey, can't blame yourself for being stupid, right?
I'd rather be a poor speller then have no arms. "thalidomide"

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ZX6RBallard - I can't PM since my post count is too low. Email me what you're looking for. utta51 @ hotmail dot com.

A buddy of mine knows a friend whos a stunter and sold it to him cheap. Im paying $45 for a set of OEM mirrors.... IF he's able to dig them up.

Thanks for everything though.

Emgo and Lockhart Phillip's catalog is misprinted. Be wary when ordering mirrors from them.

I could have gone w/ eBay, but I'm a cynical bastard. I don't trust it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.