Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for those that have done SpeedoHealer installs on the 05/06 636.

I just finished mine, but think I may not be getting the input signal to the SpeedoHealer. The light on the SH itself doesn't blink when I spin the rear wheel, but the speedometer does register rising and dropping MPH. I know the signal wire is good between the speed-sensor and the ECU because I re-crimped this wire and was able to get my speedo to work like normal.

One thing that may be the issue though is I don't have the cover for my countershaft sproket on. Is there a sensor on this that could be interfering with the SH's ability to see an input signal?

Thanks,
Ron.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
did you have a plug andplay version?
or did you have to find your own connectors and go from there?

as far as the cover goes, if there wasnt a sensor on it then it is fine.
had the same issue at 1st with mine...was the install job i did, 1 wire was not getting a good connection as the shitty as radio shack connectors i used suck.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know, there isn't a plug and play version for the 05 636. I wish there was, though. I'm almost positive my connections are OK, just wondering what else could be the issue. Maybe I have a defective SH?

-r.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
thought there was some thing in the manual about trouble shooting and programming it...
What connectors did you use?or you hard wire it in?
if you have a rearstand try letting the bike run at idle in 1st and see if it is working or not....i didnt have much luck with the bike on a rearstand and rotataing the wheel by hand.

Just be safe when doing it.
also did you do the initial programming?took me like 3 times to get it right and Work. sorry i am not so fresh did the install over a year ago

·
Registered
141 Posts
if i read it right u said that your crimped it. It cleary states in the instructions that you need to sodor the connections. i have done 2 so far with no problems. Now dont forget that if you are using the harness tha comes with it, that harness is a plug n play harness. It wont work on our bike, but you do have do complete the circuit (loop it back) because is is a plug n play harness and there is the 3 extra wires you have to hook up to complete the circuit. If you are still stuck i will get pics if i have time to remove my tank.

·
Registered
141 Posts
damn it, i just read that you have an 04. errrrrrrrrrrrrrr sorry different setup. Just to let you know there is a plug n play harness for the 03/04.

damn it your sig says u have an 04 but you are asking the 05/06 guys errrrrrrrrr help!!! LOL

If it is for an 05/06 the speed sensor is under your tank, down as far as u can see, alittle in from the front sprocket. I know i know pics.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
yeah well he said 05/06 so that is the one i did...2005 ZX6R.
Soiwonder now what he has...seen him posting somewhere else about his bike but just dont remember where...
Sure he'llpost up sooner or later.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
yeah, he has a 05/06 as well looked up on the search...nice track bike by the way

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
as gotrice & the instructions say solder themwires....used tobe a crimpmaster...but in the end solder is the right way...if you need to make a removable harness radio shack sells male & female 3 wire kits.not the best but removable.....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the troubleshooting help so far guys. I'd already tried putting the rear on a stand and rotating the rear by hand. As I said in my original post, the speedometer registers MPH rising and falling, but the light on the SH that is supposed to blink (register an input signal from the speedsensor) isn't blinking.

Also, I'm positive my connections are good. In the universal kit, it says you can even twist the connections (who would actually do that?!) but soldering is best. I re-did them all and am positive the copper is being pierced.

I'm gonna go pick up sprocket cover and see if that is the issue.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, here's an idea. Can one of you guys w/ an SH installed tell me if your LED blinks when you spin the rear wheel (off the ground) when in neutral? You may have to put the SH in test mode (all switches down, except for the #1 switch...that should be in the ON position).

Thanks,
Ron B.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.