Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right, I got kind of pissed off while installing my pipe; I guess that’s why I'm not a mechanic, lol. I noticed this dent the day after I finished it and believe it or not it's bugging the crap out of me. I also messed up that part that’s bolted to the swing arm but I have no idea what it’s called. Anyone? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

here is a pic

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/5016/helpno6.jpg

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Just ignore the dent. It won't affect the performance of the bike and really isn't worth the effort of trying to fix. Your only other recourse would be to get a replacement from the manufacturer if the mid-pipe was included with your exhaust. Or wrap it with exhaust wrap. As for the other peice, you need to remove the rearset to get to all the bolts of that plate. What is damaged on it? Looks fine in the pic from what I can see.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cracked that plate, lol. It's really not funny but I just lost it trying to get that pipe in. It did come with the exhaust; it's the 2bro's. Brand new, with that kind of money, I have to do something with that dent...Might sound crazy but it's the first thing I see when I look at my bike. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't visible but it is. On most pipes and intake systems for cars they have like a brand name tab welded to the pipe, I was thinking getting something like that and putting in on there with some high temp glue if such a thing exsist. Or hiding that piece of the pipe somehow. If you think of anything let me know, thanks for the help! Oh yea, that plate is cracked, it's just being held on there with the three bolts that would come off. Do you know exactly what it's called, I guess I could go to the dealership and ask. No hurry on that, it's not visible unless your really looking but I have to cover up that dent somehow.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Outstanding, thanks. Any easy way you think I could get that bolt off? Think I could do it if I had two of my buddies sit on the ass end? lol. Seemed like I alomost had it with one. When the rear is compress that bolt almost rises above the frame.

·
Registered
560 Posts
its junk...i think you should scrap it now. ive got 20 bucks. as for the rearset, maybe you should just give me the bike since its broke and all..

seriously though, its not too noticable. if thats the worst you ever do to it youre lucky. nice looking bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.