Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im selling all the bodywork you see here, including tank. $1000.00 obo. will deliver in CA if buyer pays gas. will consider trade for factory plastics (color doesn't matter) plus $. paintjob only saw street for 1 day (60 miles) to display on cannery row on july 22 for motogp weekend.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Was this the bike out at cannery row in front of Bubba Gump's with the for sale sign on it? If so, It's great looking bodywork and it was extremely well done. I have a pic of it on my computer..... Here:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
does it come with the tank?

·
Registered
272 Posts
how much more cash if i trade you my green plastics? i just bought the bike last week and so the plastics are FLAWLESS. i haven't even hit 100 miles yet. post or PM me if you want. thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, not the nassert-beet pipe, pretty close to it. me and a friend made it. its all titanium, weights 7 lb. and makes 119.8 at the wheel with just a pcIII. have dyno sheets to prove it. it was very expensive to make, but YES i will sell it for the right price, or i can make you one. as for the body work, yes thats the one that was parked at bubba gumps in cannery row. i live 10 miles from there. yes, the tank is included in the sale. i dont know how much cash i would take with trade, but no reasonable offer will be refused, just dont insult me! the bodywork is useless to me because i dont ride on the street its my race bike, if you notice, the full ohlins suspension, all the safety wire, and no controls on the clip-ons. it was only for motogp weekend, that i did it. spent alot of time on it though

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i did all the work. basically all i spent was on the black and green paint. it took 1 day for everything. if i were to do it for someone at full retail, probably on parts alone, $150-200. thats for all materials only. the original color is titanium grey, so it took a little more prep work than usual. like i said, if your interested, ill sell you mine w/ trade for yours

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a little bit of orange peel, nothing more than stock (you would be able to see it in the pics) no buffing, didn't need it. its very difficult to buff such a small area anyway. ppg paint, 1 coat of white, 2 coats of grn, 2 coats of black, 3 coats of clear. yes the stickers are under the clear. everything was done the right way, no shortcuts here buddy.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are the mid fairings stock (if so how did you cover the turn signal holes)? I also saw that bike on Cannery Row, looked pretty sick. I have a black '06, and have been debating on doing a black and green paint scheme when I put Sharkskinz on it, as it's primarily a track bike . I like white wheels too (had them on my old gixxer) but they are a Bi*tch to keep clean.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ken, you went to Laguna Seca and didn't answer any of my posts anywhere?!

Anyhoo, I saw this bike at bubba gump shrimp too. The paint looks pretty good, but I didn't like the wheels =)

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Originally posted by zortness
Ken, you went to Laguna Seca and didn't answer any of my posts anywhere?!

Anyhoo, I saw this bike at bubba gump shrimp too. The paint looks pretty good, but I didn't like the wheels =)
Sorry, I didn't see them. To be honest, I've kinda not been around this board much at all.

As far as the paint goes, I've seen the bike in person and the paint work looked top notch. I personally did like the wheels in white but wished they were the stock '05-'06's painted. Looks great either way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NO THE TURN SIGNALS ARE STILL THERE. THE STOCK COVERS, I MEAN. LOOK CLOSER, THE BLACK JUST BLENDS THEM IN. ITS ALL THE STOCK PLASTICS. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE COLOR... ORIGINALLY IT WAS TITANIUM GRAY. AS FOR THE WHEELS, I WISH THEY WERE ALSO MORE SPOKES, KINDA STOCK LOOKING, BUT THEN AGAIN, THOSE ARE DYMAGS. I RATHER IT PERFORM BETTER THAN IT LOOKS, AND BELIEVE ME, THOSE WHEELS ARE AWESOME!!!! IF YOUR INTERESTED, I CAN PAINT YOUR SHARKSKINZ THE SAME COLOR. THIS IS MY RACE BIKE ALSO, IT WAS JUST ON THE STREET FOR MOTO GP WEEKEND (ON THAT FRIDAY, I GOT PULLED OVER FOR NO LICENSE, REG. OR INSURANCE) ALMOST TOOK MY F*KIN BIKE!!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Sooooo....

as of right now ALEX has $900 of my money and now says he cant afford to send the fairings...

He has been promising to send them since LAST monday and keeps making excuses...

I will keep everyone updated but as of right now he has MY $900 and I have shit to show for it.

·
28,939 Posts
Originally posted by richnlucke
Sooooo....

as of right now ALEX has $900 of my money and now says he cant afford to send the fairings...

He has been promising to send them since LAST monday and keeps making excuses...

I will keep everyone updated but as of right now he has MY $900 and I have shit to show for it.
damn rich... going to have to add forum asshole in your sig again... hope this all works out for you. pay by paypal?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.