Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, gotta sell this bike. My mom has been on my case about tickets and dieing, bla bla bla.

05' Kawi Ninja 636
~8k miles, mostly highway as this is my daily driver.
I just threw on new tires and an oil/filter change. And I have the service records from the break-in service and subsequent services.

Mods:

--OPP Racing Carbon Fiber Upper fairing w/ OEM headlight cuts
--OPP Racing Carbon Fiber Tail
--Hotbodies Undertail exhaust -- pipe relocated to the side w/ baffles
--Hyperpro steering dampener
--Puig smoked double bubble
--Pig Spotter Mirrors
--Blue led tach mod
--Servo removal
--GP Shifting mod
--Lockhart Phillips frame sliders
--Lackhart Phillips bar sliders
--Lockhart Phillips rear sliders/stand-brackets
--Euro signals in headlights
--License plate bracket/relocater/eliminator
--Bagster Tank Bra

Also included is a Alpinestar leather jacket and pants, an Alpinestar night jacket, a generic summer mesh jacket, a pair of ICON shoes, a generic rain suit, a HJC helmet, Alpinestar leather/carbon fiber gloves, and a bagster tank bag that works with the tank bra.

I did the zero down $50 bucks a month payments w/ the kawi card at $9999.00 out the door, and have put thousands into this bike. Only asking for the remaining balance to be paid off the card of $9500.00... I know this seems high for many of you guys, but that is what I owe and the amount of money and waiting time it takes to get these parts is quit a while, not to mention expensive.

Thanks for looking.

Justin

PS. I am in Davis, CA and please email me at [email protected] for quicker replies.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Man sorry to hear about your situation. Not going to look good for you in here. Kelly Blue Book is your enemy and besides you can get that bike for like 50 cents in Ohio(J/K). Best bet is to sell the bike stock for a more realistic price, have your mom help you out with the remainder of the payoff and part out the add ons to pay her back. Should be easy to sell your mods and your gear seperately.

Good luck and sweet bike also!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'd be all over this for the right price. You're going to be upside down on this deal.... so you should go with ibleedgreen's idea. That is the most realistic. Good Luck

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
what kind of icon boots are they? if they're the chukka's, and they fit, maybe I'll take them off your hands.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input; you're right and I know that is the case, so hopefully when I can't sell the bike and my mom realizes it will only sell at a few grad lower then I'll be able to keep it:D. I'll probably sell it locally to a buddy, but wanted to try here first.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, KBB is kind of ehh. I mean retail on a 06' was like 6800, yet MSRP was like 7800 and mixed in with supply and demand and fees....

Most used bikes on here are going for over 8k with little to no mods and mine has a lot, so although I agree with your assesment, part of me doesn't.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Is returning it to stock an option for you? If not, I think maybe 8.5K would get you a quick sale...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have an Alpine Star leather pant and jacket, their pants without the knee pucks and their winter jacket with the grey area under the armpits and logo on the arm, as well as, an Alpine Star brushed leather jacket, but less sporty and more of an evening/cruising jacket.

Well, just looking for a buyer currently, so I am open to offers. Bike is in great condition with tasteful mods; a few bucks in removing the gel coat and getting a clearcoat, as well as, finishing the bike with a stainless brake kit and a few extra CF pieces would make this bike a nice show piece, IMO.

Anyways, shoot offers. Really looking for a quick sale, so I can help get into a condo. Thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I sent you a pm but it said it didn't go through. I said;

hi, I was just wondering; for the gp shift; did you just bend your shift rod or did you buy one somewhere? i have adjustable rearsets and the stock rod would be too short if I bent it, so I was wondering if one was made. I had a cfm one on my r6, but they don't make one for the 636. thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by xXMaGNuSXx
Good luck. You coulda spent those thousands on mod to pay off the bike.

You got ripped.
only spent a few g's, which would not pay off 10k and at the time i wasn't looking to sell, so [:p].

·
Registered
995 Posts
Originally posted by Apotheosis

only spent a few g's, which would not pay off 10k and at the time i wasn't looking to sell, so [:p].
Understood.

Interested in trading your upper and tail for my glossy black and tail and some cash?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.