Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: 2001 ZX6R 4K miles $6K

534 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Loloe 
#1 ·
I'm CONSIDERING selling my 2001 ZX6R because I just don't get to ride it as much as I would like, so I'm fishing for a nice price. It is approaching 4,000 miles. It has been parked in the garage more than it has been ridden as I was away at college. All scheduled maintenance has been performed on time, and oil changed each riding season.

I have a clear title for the bike. It has Sharskinz racing upper fairings, with custom paint. The bike was dropped at a low speed, and has minor signs of damage. I will point them out to you if you want to look at the bike, but they're so small you probably won't be able to find them on your own.

This bike is in very good condition, was broken in properly, and has not been raced or stunted. I live in Lawrence Kansas, but in a few weeks it will be in Memphis, Tennessee if you're interested in seeing it. Keep in mind that at 4,000 miles, this is basically a new bike.

I'm not dying to sale this, I'm just giving it a consideration. To me the bike is worth about $6,000, but I WILL consider any offers.

I do have a truck, so I would be able to deliver for a fee. The further I have to go, the more I would charge, but nothing is out of consideration.

Feel free to post any questions. I'll answer whatever I can. It is the bike in the sig.

See less See more
#3 ·
no replies because of the price man
not being a dick, just trying to help
there was an 05 going for a little over 6 when i picked up my 03 a few weeks back

#6 ·
also dude, i picked up my 02 zx6r for $4800 from a dealer early this spring and i bought it with 3400 miles on it, i JUST hit 6k miles about a week ago... my buddy is selling his 02 954 for $6500 and hes only got a lil over 3k miles as well on his bike... just tryin to compare some prices for ya. as goldenboy said, not tryin to be a dick, just 6 grand is alot for that bike.

#8 ·
To all who feel the need to tell me that I'm asking for too much:

Please read the whole post instead of looking for the numbers only.

"I'm CONSIDERING selling my 2001 ZX6R because I just don't get to ride it as much as I would like, so I'm fishing for a nice price....I'm not dying to sale this, I'm just giving it a consideration. To me the bike is worth about $6,000, but I WILL consider any offers."

Since it's obviously not implicit, let me put it boldly: I'm not actually "trying" to sell the bike. If I wanted it gone, I would list it at around $4K not $6K. That's not to say that someone couldn't offer $2K less than what I'm asking, and maybe I'd take it anyways. If someone were interested, they could well do that is it happens all the time. People would know that if they read words not numbers, because I said I'll consider offers. I don't ride it much, and if somebody wanted to buy a bike with low mileage such as 4K, and was perhaps more concerned with mileage than a newer year, then they could pay what I feel this bike is worth to ME. Because again, as the ad says, I feel that to ME the bike is worth about $6K, so that's what it would take for me to sell it, should someone be interested.

Now that we should all be clear on that: If you were just trying to help give me a better price gauge to sell my bike, thank you, I appreciate it, and will reference it should I "actively" try to sell the bike in the future. If you were saying it's overpriced and wouldn't sell at that high, "Welcome to America." Either way, to show a courtesy to me, anyone who may be interested in the bike, and mostly to the etiquite of the classified section, if you are NOT intersted in purchasing the bike, please confine your comments either to yourself, or a private message to me. Thanks.

#10 ·
Ah shit.

I'm not going to bump this thread everyday, I'm not going to stick a for sale sticker on my bike. If you like it, and would like to buy it, for $6K, I'll sell it to you. If you like it, and would like to buy it, but want to make an offer below $6K, post it or PM it and I'll consider it.

There's a difference between actively and passively trying to sell something. This is passive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.