Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
twin turbo zx10r. It has a clear title with 11,800 miles. Everthing is chrome plated including the plastic pieces. The bike makes 232hp to the rear wheel at 12 pounds of boost on 110 octane fuel. It makes about 7hp per pound of boost so even on pump gas at about 7 or 8 pounds of boost you will still be in the low 200 range. I just like to run it on race gas because I can turn it up some more and I know it is safe on the stock motor. If you have any question feel free to ask.

Price $15,500.00

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
what..the..FUCK???????? holy shit

on a side note, what turbo(s) do you have on a ZX10R to only be making 232hp at 12 pounds on 112 octane? That's a whole bunch of power, but I would imagine 12psi making more than low/mid 200hp

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The turbo's are off of an S80 VOLVO. My kit makes about 7hp per pound of boost where the kits you can buy (velocity, mc xpress) make about 10hp per pound of boost. It is all in the design and efficiency of the kit. My design is not as efficient as the aftermarket ones but mine didn't cost me 6 grand either,,,lol.

It takes more boost to reach the same horsepower level as the aftermarket kits. The typical kits will make around 240 at 10 pounds of boost on a 1000cc bike.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
This is quite possibly the first ZX10R-TT I've ever seen.. and I have a huge amount of respect for you if you built that yourself. Very cool! I'm not knocking 200+ hp . . . it just didn't seem like that much of a power increase considering the amount of boost, and the fact that there were sequential turbos.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is the only one that I know of. Yes, I built it myself and it was a pain to make it all fit.

A twin turbo set up does not necessarily make more power than a single, most people that have gone with twin turbo usually go back to a much larger single turbo because they can make more power with it.

No matter who builds a kit it is all about design and efficiency and mine works well but as you can see it makes a little less power than the aftermarket kits but I am not complaining :)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
sorry...not interested in buying it, but didn't i see that 10 in a magazine a few months ago? pretty sure it was featured with a 636 as well

·
Registered
113 Posts
Freaking WOW! That is awesome. Twin Turbo's spool up way faster because they are smaller and produce same power as a biger single turbo, for which it would take longer to spool.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thats an absoulutely sick set-up. Ive built boosted motors for a couple different cars but never on a bike. I wish you did a write up on it, I would love to tackle a project like this. I have a few turbines sitting in my garage, guess i should look into doing a mock up of to run everything.. sick ass bike for real..

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by kornaz
Freaking WOW! That is awesome. Twin Turbo's spool up way faster because they are smaller and produce same power as a biger single turbo, for which it would take longer to spool.
That's not entirely true..

And yes, I love turbo toys. My GTI put down 312hp and 309ft-lbs of torque last year, but it's unfortunately nearly stock again after several issues.. and one of my best friends in Chesapeake put down over 600hp in his GTI before he sold it. Turbo's are fun!

I'm passing the word around for you about your bike though to see if any of the local money heavyweights are interested in it. lol. One of the guys has a turbo Busa and IIRC he still has a turbo GSX-R 1000. He was talking over the weekend about turboing something else. Way too much money.. I'll see!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
BTW Steve.. My uncle lives in Louisville. Big hot rod/street rod builder, and Corvette collector--maybe you've heard of him. [^]

Interested in trading that gorgeous 10R for my 2003 1.8T GTI? :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SWIFT-- Yes it was in Super Street Bike with the 636.

HEADACHE-- As always, Anything you need to know just ask. It is similar to a car set up, everything is just cramed into a smaller space,,lol.

ZERO-COOL-- What is your uncle's name?

SPROCKETROCKET--It is not too loud, It has it's own sound.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Sad to see your selling the beast! I remember when you were sending all the pieces to get plated like it was yesterday! So why are you selling it, if I may ask? Future plans?

·
Registered
170 Posts
LOL!!! That thing is sweet thats all I gotta say!!! I give you props for doing all the fab. work yourself.
Good Luck
Jason

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks. Alot of people like to knock my welding abilities but I am getting better,,,lol. It just takes time [:p]

·
Registered
859 Posts
I can only, well maybe I can't imagine, what your gonna do to the 14!! So are you still keeping the 636 for the wife? Keep us updated on the transition of the 14, like you always have. I wonder if my wife would let me buy a turbo-ed 10?? I can hear it now...pssst yeah right!! LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.