Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my 06 STI because i want to buy a bike and i am looking at moving into my first house and cant afford all the toys. The car is mint, 1000x cleaner than the day i picked it up. I used to be a detailer for Mercedes-Benz so i can garauntee you wont find a cleaner STI. The car is on a few other websites for sale but i figured since the reason i am selling is to get a bike why not try here!!

6500 miles, oil was changed at 3k and 6k on the dot, the car's turbo was properly broken in (under 4k rpm's for first 1000 miles) and the car has never been raced of abused at all. I babied it too much!

The mods are
18" Enkei wheels and Toyo T1-R tires
20% tint all around
Carbon Fiber B-pillars
Cobb Sport lowering springs
K&N Typhoon Intake
Custom painted HID headlights to match the car
Custom painted front badge to match
Completely de-badged except STI on trunk

If anyone has any questions at all you can email me at [email protected] or call my cell 248-431-0046.
I am located in Michigan but will drive the car anywhere for pickup.
$31,000 (KBB and NADA's prices were around 32k for a stock 06 STI)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Are you still making payments on this? Just wondering if there could be a "take over the payments" type of thing possibility here....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Wish i didn't have to sell, i love this car and have taken immaculant care of it. I just REALLY REALLY want a bike, plus i cant afford my car and a house payment.

05 ZX- Yea i still have a lein on the car. If your interested give me a call on my cell and we can discuss a Down payment and then you taking over payments. 248-431-0046
My name's Adam

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Originally posted by MR NINJA
ill trade my 05 zx6r for ur car[}:)]
LOL...so will I! And we live closer to each other! Anyways...wishful thinking....sorry for one upping ya with the distance thing MR NINJA lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow selling this car is hard as hell, i really need to get rid of it.............i have it on every site i know of to try and sell it

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Originally posted by sonicboost
Wow selling this car is hard as hell, i really need to get rid of it.............i have it on every site i know of to try and sell it
Unfortunately in order to sell it your going to take a big loss. You how they say a car takes a $5000 hit the minute you drive it out of the showroom? Well take what you paid, subtract the $5k (maybe even a little more) and then forget about adding in the price of the aftermarket goodies.

You would do yourself better to take the car back to stock form (assuming you have all the stock parts) and then sell the car seperate from the aftermarket stuff.

Sucks but its probably your only option. [xx(]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i paid 37,000 dollars for this car.............37-5= 32

I am selling for 30k with 3000 dollars in mods........how bout that????

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Originally posted by sonicboost
well i paid 37,000 dollars for this car.............37-5= 32

I am selling for 30k with 3000 dollars in mods........how bout that????

Well I don't know. I'm on your side. :) Its just that people in michigan seem to always want something for nothing...or next to nothing. The real problem is that it's a 'niche' car, especially in michigan.

I think if you lived in SoCal or something it would sell 10 times faster, but unfortunately anytime you buy something and try and flip it only a year later, you have to expect to take a huge loss. And I agree your taking a substantial loss now, but I think you will have to take a bigger one.

Just for S&G I took a look on ebay. 2006 models with low miles, the highest (and only one that sold btw was $28,100). The 2005 are like $20000 - $25000. However there were a couple 2006 that got almost to $30k actually one of them did but the reserve wasn't met so the auction never completed.

Your best bet might just be ebay. Your asking 30k...if someone offered you 29k would you take it? 29500? If so just set your reserve accordingly...

·
Registered
36 Posts
well just to give you a ball park,

i sold my 05 STI for $26.5k. I had $3k in Audio, $2K in mods, 3M tint and clear bra(I own the shop so free for me). Rota wheels and winter tires.

it had 15k miles on it. Absolutely clean, 1 small ding was all it had, no rock chips either.

this was in cali.

wish you luck on your sale. oh and it took me 3 months to sell. don't get discourageded.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.