Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Available after August 28th, 2006

I'm selling my 2005 Kawasaki 636 race/track bike. I purchased the bike in Oct. 2005, with a salvaged title(small dent in frame on right side... not cressed or near any welds) from a fellow CMRA racer that gets bikes at the auction. The mileage is unknown due to the speedo missing when purchased, since then the bike has had appoximately 1000 miles put on it at trackdays only. One low side since I purchased it, but all damaged parts have been replaced(ram air, plactics, and left rearset). Oil(Motul 5100) & filter(K&N) is changed every other trackday. Suspension is 100% stock. Safety wired per CMRA specs.

GPR steering damper
AK Composites race fairings
Stainless Steel front brake lines
K&N oil filter
Bridgestone BT-002(2 trackdays)
KDL100 shifter(GP shifting)
NRC inigition cover
Frame sliders
Swing arm sliders

Extras include:
Right clip-on
Left rearset
Clutch perch
and a bunch of stock parts(blinkers, rear seat, tail light, etc.)

$5,250 OBO

If interested, want more pictures, or would like to see the bike in person... please contact me at tso_maltese at yahoo.com or at (281)330-7820. -Tim-

·
Registered
170 Posts
Since it is salvage would you be open to offers? 5k is a bit much in my opinion but I wish you the best of luck if that is what you have to get for it. I have seen the bike this past weekend at MSR and would be willing to offer 3k because of the salvage title...
Jason

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by jasonjb
Since it is salvage would you be open to offers? 5k is a bit much in my opinion but I wish you the best of luck if that is what you have to get for it. I have seen the bike this past weekend at MSR and would be willing to offer 3k because of the salvage title...
Jason
I'd be willing to drop the price a bit... but not $2250!

BTW... must of been another bike you saw at MSR, I haven't been there since March.

Originally posted by trackaddict
Stock suspension?
Yes sir, 100% stock.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Man that is a nice bike...i would happily give $5200 stock or not, if i hadnt just bought 1. salvage title, whats the big deal, unless u plan on puttin back on street, but y do that...man good luck on sellin it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man that is a nice bike...i would happily give $5200 stock or not, if i hadnt just bought 1. salvage title, whats the big deal, unless u plan on puttin back on street, but y do that...man good luck on sellin it.
Thanks for the comments!

Also go to wera/ccs website for sale.
Already done.

where did you get that race tail? website? I like it.
AK Composites. I believe Attack Kawasaki bought them out, but they are still available.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have seen this bike in person. It is very nice and maintained very well. If I only needed another one:D
-Gabe

·
Registered
133 Posts
and would be willing to offer 3k because of the salvage title...
Jason
That *might* get you a beat up salvage titled '03.

Quality costs. And this bike is easily worth the asking price. Perfect track bike or entry level race bike.
--
Ronnie

·
Registered
170 Posts
I agree....its a nice looking bike I just don't like spending over 3k for salvage titles....Just my personal opinion though it doesn't really mean it's worth it or not

·
Registered
514 Posts
Jason, 3k usual wont get you a nice salvage bike unless its several years old. But you may know something I dont. The toy hauler went today but I didnt see what it brought.
-Gabe

·
Registered
170 Posts
Gabe I dont know much about salvage prices it's just my opinion not to spend too much on salavage titles.....cause then you go through this when your trying to sell them. Look at it from this way....you can get a decent 05 race bike with more parts than this has on it and a CLEAN title for about 6-8k and thats with NICE race parts or you can get one with a salvage title for 5k that is a great looking bike and will do the same thing. It's just my opinion when your talking about a third of the price in this case about 1-3k go ahead and spend the extra change so you can resale it.You never know who is going to be your buyer a salvage title just limits your market much more than a clean title. A TH is another story though if you can save 20k by going salvage I'm all over that I'll use the damn thing till the axles fall off!!
Jason

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.