Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here, but not new to mc message boards & forums (member @ SVrider for 3 yrs now).

I've come across a 94 ZX-7R for cheap. I'd buy it to repair and keep it but the bike's spent some time exsposed to the elements and has many electrical probs. As we all know electrical parts can be some of the most exspensive parts on a bike.

I'm looking @ possibly keeping the front end for a swap on my SV, providing it can be done (should know in a few days). From a careful visual inspection, it has no signs of crash damage, some scratches and chips from a drop (driveway, garage, gas pump), the left side upper has a crack, and the left rearset is broken along with the clutch handle.

Frame, forks, subframe, most bodywork, and swingarm are all in gc. The engine has good compression, but won't start. The junction box, plug wires, starter relays, and coils are all bad (checked against Haynes manual specs).

I'll post up some pics in a few days if anyones interested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has a clear WV title. The guy who has it bought it from the WV resident 2 yrs ago, but he never titled it since it wasn't running (it's sat in his basement since). I know in good running order the low-ball value would be around $2800ish, but I don't have the time & energy and possible grand to sink into it, or I'd buy for track bike myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very possible on the race bandit. Also the front end swap is a no-go , make offer ($ price & possible trade both)on the whole bike and we'll go from there.

BTW I'll try to get some pics for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a rough idea of wht the bandit is worth in good streetable condition. What spares do you have, parts to return to street duty? Or can it be put back on the road?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some pics of the bike, illustrating the great condition of the forks,frame,sa,wheels,exhaust,and tank. Will try to get domr pics of bodywork soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.