Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Type 46. High/low speed compression and rebound adjustable. Sprung for 175lb rider, it has 83 track/dyno miles on it so it's basically brand new. Still mounted on the bike, if someone's interested, I can take it off and take some more pics. It's on a new race bike I bought and I've always used Ohlins shocks so I want to replace it.
To buy it new would be $1000.
I'm asking $700 obo

Thanks for looking!

Nate
natepanek at hotmail dot com

http://www.hyperprousa.com/catalog.php?cat=Shocks&desc=Type 46&make=

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took a pic of the part number on the spring. It reads "0298". Whatever that means.
Make an offer, I know $700 is high now but I can't edit the first post!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Damn Dstar... I only wiegh like 140lbs with my one piece and full gear on. You fatty!!! hahaha Just messing with you. Bump for price.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'd like to have it, but I weigh around 220... wouldn't do me much good in its current configuration.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I got it. Go ahead and sale it to the other guy. I just found out I need to replace some cv joints and two motor mounts in my car :(

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's very easy. On my last race bike I had an ohlins shock and Thermosman would swap the spring for $20 + shipping the shock back and forth. He keeps your old spring. Or you could purchase the correct spring for ~$100 and swap it yourself. I'm pretty sure it's something you can do yourself...just spin the preload collar all the way up and remove the collar at the bottom to get the spring off.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.