Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling a like new Joe Rocket UFO mesh/textile jacket, black in color, and XL in size. It does not have any blemishes, stains, or rips/holes/etc. It's been worn maybe a half a dozen times, and I desperately need the money for more important things.

I recently conducted two other transactions with two separate Kawiforums members, and both transactions have gone as smooth as could be. I can provide feedback, and references upon request.

Asking $110 shipped to your door. Shipping will be expensive, so consider that if you're trying to haggle my price to something unreasonable. It's a great jacket, and typically retails online for $189.00 + shipping from just about everywhere I've seen it. Some places higher, and some lower. The local shop sells them for $200 IIRC.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pictures coming up...

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took pictures, but my card reader is giving me trouble. Some of the drivers are missing after a system restore.

Will get pictures ASAP one way or another, but in the meantime it's still for sale

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love this jacket, but it has to go! $110 shipped - - any takers?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Finally got some pictures uploaded!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by PSTEWART
Maybe a stupid question, but does it have armor in it?
Thanks in advance.

-Patrick
Not a stupid question at all. I would ask the same thing if I were interested in buying it, especially over the internet where you're not touching and feeling a product with your own two hands.

It does have some form of removeable protective plating in it. It has a piece in the back that seems to be for protection of your spine, and I believe there are removeable pieces in the arms if I recall correctly, but I would have to verify that when I get home and have the jacket in my hands.

It does breathe EXTREMELY well. I wore it on a cool evening and it felt as nice as wearing a t-shirt, but I felt safer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I tried to PM you back but havent been a member long enough or something. Anyway- I am interested in it, but not sure if it is warm enough- I ride mostly in warm weather but am comin up on winter time and need something to take the chill off- This jacket is mesh- right? Not much on the warmth factor....

Thanks-
Patrick

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by PSTEWART
I tried to PM you back but havent been a member long enough or something. Anyway- I am interested in it, but not sure if it is warm enough- I ride mostly in warm weather but am comin up on winter time and need something to take the chill off- This jacket is mesh- right? Not much on the warmth factor....

Thanks-
Patrick
I personally believe in owning several types of gear.. I have a warm weather jacket, and a cool weather jacket. I'm selling this because I really need the money for more important things and I can get by with my other jacket during the winter and buy another (hopefully) next year. The jacket does breathe well, but I wouldn't hesitate to tell you I'd still be wearing it in October and November in many cases. I exaggerate when I say it feels just like a t-shirt. It does provide some warmth, but don't get it confused with a cold weather jacket. You wouldn't want to go ice fishing with it, but if you're super sensitive and cold blooded from the get go, you should be fine in California riding all season round.

Let me know if you're still interested. I think it would work fine for your needs.. It's a good jacket. I hope they still offer it next year.

·
Registered
120 Posts
OK- Ill bite:). I get paid on the 5th, can you hold out that long? Also- I would both send payment to you overnight FedEx and have you return it to me on MY Fedex Acct- How much if I am paying for the shipping- as you say Im sure it is expensive.

Thanks- Patrick

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll check into the shipping and we'll work something reasonable out. I usually ship through UPS, but I believe the Fedex operation center is right down the street from UPS so I will try to stop by there with the jacket and see how much they think it would cost to ship.

Although I trust that you are legitimate, I've had one too many buyers throughout the years flake out on me. I've been bit in the butt one too many times holding a product for an interested buyer, only to have them back out and never hear from them again.. I would be happy to do business with you, and absolutely understand if you need until the 5th to arrange payment, but I want to be upfront in saying if someone says "what's your paypal account? I'll send $110 right now" I would be almost obligated to accept payment from them and sell them the jacket. I've had a lot of people interested in the jacket (it's posted on three different forums), but no one has come through yet. I hope you understand my position, seeing as I'm selling it out of necessity. If it's still here when you're ready to buy, I'd be happy to do business with you.

Fair?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not a problem- I would take the first payment offer as well. Just letting you know where I am because of the urgency in your thread. You dont need to find out how much the FedEx shipping is as my employer has "flat rate" pricing- which is why I am proposing that as method. I would include a return envelope and prepaid bill of lading for you to use. I went to the web and checked out specs on the jacket- I think it would work perfect for me- but if its gone its gone and I wil find another one.

Take care and I will check back, or you can e-mail me direct at [email protected].

Thanks, Patrick

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep! Still have it.. Sent email

·
Registered
120 Posts
I sent several e-mail messages in reply to your work e-mail, couldnt PM and posted response here on 10/5. I figured you had changed your mind and I ended up purchasing one from another forum member here (tdahle). Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.

-Patrick

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Patrick.. I'm sorry for the confusion. I don't know what's up with my work email lately. I've had problems receiving some incoming mail, and I've had several people tell me they never received my outgoing messages. I responded to everything I got from you.. From your perspective, I understand.. No hard feelings. I'm sorry for the confusion though; It's definitely still for sale. I still have those emails in my 'sent items' so it does show that they were sent, but I guess never received.. or maybe they were lost in transit somehow. :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.