Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story on the bike...

I am the 3rd owner. The first owner painted the bike Yellow and Black (it used to be green). Lots of over spray + no masking = crappy DIY paint job. The 2nd owner low sided as well and cracked the stator cover. I had to replace it. I don't know how many times if/when the 1st owner may have dropped or crashed the bike so it wasn't in that great condition when I bought it. I had the bike for about 5mos (about 3k miles in canyon runs) before I low sided on the left side (around 20mph) on cold tires (had just put Dunlop 208ZRs a week before). I was making a left hand turn on the street, combined with cold tires and some water on the road and ended up with a minor spill. I ended up cracking the stator cover too. I bought a bunch of stuff after my low side to convert it to my track bike like used NRC race case covers (rashed but not cracked), race upper, full muzzy exhaust (used and rashed on the inside but doesn't affect performance), jetted carbs (carbs were jetted for the Muzzy exhaust), spare airbox (modified to work with the Muzzy Exhaust), etc. I never had the time to finish it though. I was only able to put the exhaust and the case covers to test ride it and it rides straight. I also put new sintered HH brake pads, new upper fairing stay, and the old tires I crashed on.

Regarding the engine, I was replacing the spark plugs on the bike, but I guess the plugs were too tight and when I tried to pull them out, one of the plugs broke in half. So the engine needs head work but it ran fine before that. I was trying to put the bike together this weekend, but it looks like some of the bolts have gone missing so I couldn't put the fairings back on.

Parts Available (SOLD AS-IS) for Now:

01. $100 shipped OBRO --> Race Upper - This is made by Airtech. I never had a chance to fit it, but the holes are predrilled. It's a bit dirty and a corner broke off when I got it. I have since repaired it. There is a small crack in the middle where the two ram-air cutouts are.
02. $100 shipped OBRO --> Red Street Tail - Good condition. Bought this off a user on the Kawiforums website for $100. I was going to use this as my replacement tail but never did. There were a few small cracks (due to shipping) that I repaired. This includes the tail light.
03. $40 shipped OBRO --> Spare Airbox - This came with the Full Muzzy Exhaust and is modified to work with it. It looks like it's got an aftermarket foam air filter, but I recommend replacing it. Bought from a member here back in 2004.
04. $70 shipped OBRO --> Carbs - Jetted to work with the Full Muzzy Exhaust. Bought from a member here back in 2004.
05. $100 + shipping OBRO --> Full Muzzy Exhaust. Lots of deep scratches on the inside, but it doesn't affect performance. Bought from a member here back in 2004.

*Get items 3-5 for $200 shipped combined*

06. $10 shipped --> Ram Air Covers - Spare; Free with fairing purchase.
07. $10 shipped --> Shift Rod Linkage - Spare; Free with rearset purchase.
08. $120 shipped OBRO --> All street fairing parts. Includes a cracked front fender. See above and pictures for condition. There are some missing tabs, paint peel, and cracks.
09. $50 shipped --> Stock rearsets. Good condition, no cracks or anything.
10. $50 shipped --> Used NRC Engine covers. See above description and pix for condition. This includes the left stator and right (not the clutch) engine cover.
11. $10 shipped --> Mirrors. Ok condition; Free with fairing purchase.
12. $10 shipped --> Ram Air Grill; This is the front part. 2 pieces. Free with fairing purchase.
13. $10 shipped --> Tail light from street fairing set. Some tabs are missing. Free with fairing purchase.
14. $80 shipped OBRO --> Fuel tank. This was painted yellow/silver which looks decent. No cracks, dents or damage. This includes the fuel switch and pump but none of the hoses. (The hoses are pretty old anyways and will need replacing).
15. $10 shipped --> Rider and passenger seat. Good condition. Free with fairing purchase.
16. $20 shipped --> Upper fairing stay.
17. $10 shipped --> Passenger footpegs.

REMEMBER: Some of these are OBRO (or best reasonable offer).

I will have the engine, frame, subframe, swingarm, forks, shock, wheels and headlight available when I have time to take them apart. I have the clean title in hand.

·
Registered
169 Posts
would you be able to send better pictures of your front upper fairing? both the race and the street. or atleast give a really detailed description of both. my email is [email protected] if they are reparable or in half decent condition ill make you an offer on one of them. im also interested in the mirrors, and blinkers if you have them. might also need the front break lever assembly if you have it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by thenick
How much for the entire harness, throttle assy, and tires shipped to 07734?
Not sure yet, but make me an offer. The tires will most likely end up shipping with the wheels.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by 2talltlr
will the muzzy system fit an y2k????if so how about a picture....
Stock, no it will not fit. You may be able to get it to fit with some custom fab. The only pix I have are mounted on the bike. Can't take anymore since my digicam took a dump.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey!

I need a fuel pump relay, headlight switch set(the black box w/wires), complete intake tubes/covers minus the airbox, left hand side of rear tail(or if you dont want to seperate, ill take 1 set of stock units).

please PM or email queensbound718(at)aol(dot)com

thanks!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by tmj
how much for the engine and did it shift o.k.?and i need a start button........
The engine was fine when I tested the exhaust, although it may need a valve adjustment. It shifted fine. $300 for the engine? Give me an offer as it is sold AS IS. Not sure how much shipping would be though.

Originally posted by crazytexan
The ram air intake and headlight, Price and first dibs on those please. And I also want the covers for the intake.
I don't know, $30 shipped for all three? I don't have the headlight removed from the bike yet, so please do not send a payment if you want all three at the same time.

Originally posted by onewickedsvt
hey!

I need a fuel pump relay, headlight switch set(the black box w/wires), complete intake tubes/covers minus the airbox, left hand side of rear tail(or if you dont want to seperate, ill take 1 set of stock units).

please PM or email queensbound718(at)aol(dot)com

thanks!
The only parts I have available right now are the intake tubes/covers, and the stock tail. Buy the tail for $100 shipped, and I'll give you the intake tubes/covers for free. How's that?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Originally posted by xXMaGNuSXx

The engine was fine when I tested the exhaust, although it may need a valve adjustment. It shifted fine. $300 for the engine? Give me an offer as it is sold AS IS. Not sure how much shipping would be though.

I don't know, $30 shipped for all three? I don't have the headlight removed from the bike yet, so please do not send a payment if you want all three at the same time.

The only parts I have available right now are the intake tubes/covers, and the stock tail. Buy the tail for $100 shipped, and I'll give you the intake tubes/covers for free. How's that?
Hey look in the post and your pm's. I called dibs on those three parts. Ill send you payment for the air covers and the tubes, just give me a price and location to send payment and you got it done. As for the headlight, when you get it off Ill send you payment then too.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts