Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought new 4 months ago. Black finish, trijicon sights(glow in dark) comes with hardcase and barrel brush. Fired about 600 rounds, cleaned every session. Very nice gun, loved by friends who swear by beretta and glock.. 400$

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me shoot you with it and we'll see if its too small. ;) I used it for target practice for the most part, so round expense was part of the reason i got the 9..

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
+1 on the XD series by Springfield. They have been one of the top sellings polymer guns since their release and are still becoming even more popular every day. The grip angle isn't as severe as the Glock so it's more "user friendly" and it has been put thru the same Torture Tests the Glocks have been thru. The only thing it hasn't stood the "test of time" the Glock has and that's just because it hasn't been around that long. Many people have won various competitions and are competing now with XD's and getting amazing results.

And yes it can function underwater too!

I have the XD-40 and have never been dissapointed...I get better accuracy than my buddy's Glock 17 9mm.

If you're looking for a gun this one is perfect and not too big for concealed carry either.

·
Registered
418 Posts
i dont think that it can "function" underwater. it may fire the first round(most guns will), but the drag of the water would keep the slide from fully ejecting the spent casing and cycling in a new round. not my favorite pistols, but i can attest for their reliability. my buddy had one and has had no malfunctions after a few thousand rounds.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea i know shooting those trout under water always gets me.. ;)

There is a proble however, shipping is going to be a pain unless someone is 150% interested or can come pick it up I doubt its worth the trouble to ship.. Noone will touch a handgun (god forbid).

·
Registered
418 Posts
you need to ship from one ffl to another. any gunshop is an ffl carrier and will usually charge you around 25 dollars to ship it for you. the reciever must pick it up at their chosen ffl carrier and will usually have to pay 25 or so dollars to recieve it.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Licensing depends on state. If you buy from a gun dealer you'd end up submitting a background check ( easy phone call) and probably waiting three days or so depending on the state regs. If you've commited a felony chances are you wont be getting one either.. All that we do for personal transactions is a bill of sale with the guns serial # with both signatures on it and a credible witness would also help. I dont know how the gun dealer (if i were to ship it through them) would have to treat something like this (if they'd just give you the shipment, or if they'd have to go through it and make sure you are eligible.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Ok but it will shoot underwater.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.