Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bridgestone BT002 DOT Race Tire's ( take off's )
120 Front 180 Rear
Medium and Hard compounds

Super Sticky and the Centers are like new!

$100 Per Set , I currently have 5 sets.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by BcVulcan
Would you consider selling just rear tires? How much for shipping?
Sorry , I have to sell them in sets consisting of 1 front and 1 rear but alot of people buy them as a set and then sell which ever tire they didn't need and practically make their money back.
Maybe that's something that would work for you too.

If you post up (or PM me) your zip code, I can quote you a shipping price.:)

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
how many street miles could i get off a set? or are these strictly track tires? off topic... i grew up in columbia sc...is there a track there anywhere??? hilton head area?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by joonyaboy
how many street miles could i get off a set? or are these strictly track tires? off topic... i grew up in columbia sc...is there a track there anywhere??? hilton head area?
I have a used rear track tire (used 100 miles), and I ride it on the street. It is great, however, the first few minutes, I found my bike wanted to lean more, because the shape of a race tire is more pointy than round. But its great! I recommend it.

Okay, now for me. I now need a front tire. Maybe I can get a good front tire, and BCVulcan can get the matching rear tire. ;)

e-mail me or pm me with prices and pics of the front tire. Thanks!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Crashnburn,
My best answer is it depends on how fast you are on the track.
I myself wouldn't try to get 2 whole trackdays out of them BUT I also buy a new set of tires EVERY race weekend.
Getting 2 trackdays out of a set of $100 takeoff's is asking alot unless you run beginner to intermediate times.

Joonyaboy,
These are DOT tires , they can be used on the street.
All the street guys who have bought my take off's STILL have them on their bikes so they last pretty good for $100.
The centers are like new , the sides are where I spend most of my time so the sides are worn more than the centers.

Whiteblazer,
There is a picture above of one of the front tires , they are all similar to that picture.
As far as the price etc , if someone was to go into a bike shop and buy these same tires , they could charge you over $500 retail price for the set.
I am only asking $100 a set.

Look , I want to try and help you guys that only need 1 tire so yes I WILL split a set this ONE time for you two but only if you two agree on it and I recieve paypal payment at the same time. Fair?
$50 per tire plus shipping.
I still say you both would have a better opportunity to buy a set for $100 and re sell whichever tire you don't need to make your money back.;)

I can ship out the tires today if I get paypal'd , but after today I can't ship them until the 26th or so since I am going up north for a week.

I'm trying to work with you guys , if you want the tires let me know ASAP so I can get them out today.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately , today was the last day I could ship tires before leaving on my trip and we didn't get in touch.

If anyone is interested in tires , I will be back in town on Aug 25th.:)

·
Registered
449 Posts
hey man im very intrested in a set, how much would shipping be too Cincinnati Ohio? lmk asap thanks

rick

ps... about how many laps are on the tires? also how often do you sell these, cause i have alot of buddies looking for take off's that are 120 front and 180 rear.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Raging636
hey man im very intrested in a set, how much would shipping be too Cincinnati Ohio? lmk asap thanks

rick

ps... about how many laps are on the tires? also how often do you sell these, cause i have alot of buddies looking for take off's that are 120 front and 180 rear.
Rick,
I buy a new set of tires for every race weekend so I always have tires available.
In the off season , I still have sets to sell due to practice.
They average 2 or 3 sprint races plus a practice.
All are 120 front 180 rear.

I normally sell them for $100 per set but I have to race the grand national final at Road Atlanta comming up and I need to spend alot of money on that so I discounted them to $75 per set to move them quickly.

UPS Shipping to Cin OH looks to be about $15 per set.
Thanks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Raging636
ok cool, how do you wanna do this?
Paypal is the easiest and safest way for both of us to make the transaction. Let me know if you have Paypal.
If not, we can still work something out but a money order would probably be plan B.

·
Registered
449 Posts
i do have a pay pal, but its been some time since i used it. ill check it out and let you know asap.

where abouts are you located?

rick

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.