Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the CBR F4i is, don't know about the 600RR, and I think the 636 is, if i'm not mistaken, is the R6, or the GSXR???

Anyone help me out here?

Yellow/Blk 2001 ZX-6R
Blk/Blk 2003 Acura CL-S 6 Speed

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Every single 600 for 2003 is F.I. This includes Triumph's 600. This is the first year everybody has gone that route. Last year all but the Kaw and the Yam 600's were F.I.

I hope this helps. [8D]

Chaos, panic, disorder......

my work here is done

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
quick question: what 600cc models are fuel injected? what year are they? sorry if this is a really dumb question[:I]

give me fuel give me fire give me that which i desire

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
As Strong Bad mentioned, every -03 race rep is fuel injected:
Kawasaki zx6r+zx6rr
Suzuki gsx-r 600
Yamaha R6
Honda cbr 600 rr
Triumph Daytona 600 (oh and TT600 too)
Honda cbr 600 f

Rest of the 600 cc models are not using FI.

edit: Yamaha Thundercat, Yamaha FZS, Kawasaki ZZR600 (or ZX-6) etc.

------------------------
7,62mm. One size fits all.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
And just incase your looking pre-03..

Honda went fuel injected on the F4 in 2001, making it the F4i.
Suzuki went injected in 2001 as well
Yamaha went injected in 2003
Kawasaki went injected in 2003
Triumph went injected in 2000, but it sucked bad..

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
thanks guys. reason i asked is i want to get a fuel injected bike for racing next year. there's a little electronic device that enhances low gear speed? i'm not too sure on this but i'll check in the mag i saw it in and post back.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The TRE only works on Suzuki GSX-R bikes and only does it thing below 4000 RPM in the first three gears. All it does it fool the ECU into thinking the bike is in 6th gear (or 5th gear depending on the model). This prevents the ECU from retarding the ignition timing at 4000 RPM and below in the first three gears. Why is this done by Suzuki? To prevent inadvertant wheelies.

Since the fuel injected Kawasaki's do not have gear position sensors, there is no need for such a device on them.

Scott

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
yeah i know it wouldn't work on a kawi but i'm pretty sure that it might increase wheelie ability because it gives the bike more low and mid range power. thats what the article said.
anyway,how different is this thing from anything else on the market?

·
Registered
178 Posts
This is only for the gixxer that I know of. I don't think it would matter for non-literbikes. Atleast not yet. [:p]

I remember the mid 90's gixxers also had a wire you could cut. And the mille is also reduced in the lower gears I think.

Non of these things actually inhance the bike. They just bring it up to the full petential. Think of it as a type of traction control.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.