Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a gpx250 and filled her up for the first time.

Petrol starting pissing out from underneath.

Got the belly pan off and then started to undo the side fairing. Petrol was coming out of the top bolt hole. Tested on the other side and removed too fairing bolt and sure enough petrol started pissing out of the other side.

Bastard didn't tell me, and nore was it something I was expecting when I looked over the bike..

I read a post Somone had similar and it turned out it was becuase longer bolt used which punched a hole through the tank.

Is there anyway I can patch it? I've looked on eBay and no tanks in the black

Quite disappointed and was looking forward to riding her. I've tightened the bolts up and tiles the bike on its side and it's not coming out now but I don't trust it like that.

Any help in patching or someone who fixed a similar issue.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It seems after some reserch that JW weld in the hole will probably fix the issue. My main concern if there are then any issues the fairing will become unremovable. Needs must though I guess as I can't find any 2bd hand tanks.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It seems after some reserch that JW weld in the hole will probably fix the issue. My main concern if there are then any issues the fairing will become unremovable. Needs must though I guess as I can't find any 2bd hand tanks.
If the fairing becomes unremovable, you can cut it off and use some plastifix to repair the removed section. Obviously, that's less than ideal, but plastifix is pretty strong and I've had no issues with it cracking in the year or so that I repaired my fairing with it.

As far as the tank goes, if it's just the bolt hole, you might be able to find somebody locally that can properly repair it. But, I'm not sure how much getting a "new" one would be, depending on your luck, it might be better to just replace it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts