Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an 89 600R/ZX6c and guy said the bike sat for 2 years, so the gas clogged the carbs.

Got an extra set of carbs with stage 1 jets and put them on today.
I took the crappy stock airbox back section off because of its stupid design, so now the 4 'funnels' are sticking through the front piece of the airbox.

I start the bike up and seems to run alot better, havent taken it out on the road yet. But on the #2 carb when you turn the bike off fuel comes out of the funnel and drips out. None of the other carbs do this.

My dad said that we need to adjust the floats.....so I figured Id come here and see what you guys think...

What do you guys think about all this????

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The main jet in carb 2 was clogged, soaked it in chem-dip and sprayed it out, bike runs great now. All the idle jets were clogged too, now dont have to use the choke to start it at idle.

Taking it to be carb si/y/nked Monday, guy told me it was $20. Not bad if it may make it run alot better....

whoever designed the airbox system should be shot [}:)]

·
Registered
202 Posts
the flote is most likly stuck,use a screw driver with a plastic handle and tap the # 2 flote bole it should free it up. you going to need some knid of filter on you bike or you'll suck in dirt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.