Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start I wrecked by bike in August. I drove it home, no leaks, no problems, running perfect. Let it sit for 2 months. Starting it every week and letting it warm up and cool down. I remove the fuel pump from the tank and place it in a box as the bike is getting fixed and the race body is gettin made and painted. The pump remains in the box on the shelf for a long time. Felt like a 3 months or 5. Not sure though. Well when all is said and done and everything is back together the fuel light remains on and flashing. I called a reputable shop and a tech there tells me that the sender may have dried up and gotten stuck. He tells me to run a few tanks of gas through it and it should come loose. Its been 2 months of consistant riding and still no change. Anyone have any clue of a solution to use to free up the sender or have any idea about any other problems that could have caused this problem?

·
Registered
857 Posts
sounds like the fuel light sensor is screwed, im not sure if thats replacable or not...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to run this last tank till it is empty then remove the pump and try to jar the sensor loose. The only thing that I can think of is that there is not enough pressure within the tank to jar the sensor loose if it is stuck. It is very hard for me to except that the sensor is bad with the little activity that is on the bike. Just hit 5000 miles. Maybe this idea might solve the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.