Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 07+ Pump works in an 05-06? It seems there are parts more readily available and I'm on my 2nd corroded pump where the wires are bad.

This kit (https://store.schnitzracing.com/quantum-replacement-fuel-pump-kawasaki-zx6r-07-20/) seems like it would replace all the wires but the cap covering the sensor at the top is brittle and broke off and I can't find any replacement to that.

Really need some help. 2006 Fuel Pumps catch a premium it seems and I really don't want to spend another $250+ for some brittle rubber and wires.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for helping me find that, not sure why I couldn't. I love that it costs more and includes less than the 07+ Model... lol.

Sadly there are these kits with pumps but nothing that replaces the other wiring that can corrode and go bad. I'll probably have to buy the entire assembly to get the wiring I need and that is why I was curious if the 07+ worked in 06 because those are around $100-$150 where as the 06 is $230+.

My main issue is that you can not find replacements for the rubber "hat" that sits above what I think is the fuel gauge sensor (circled in red) or the wire connected to it. The red arrow at the top I think is a ground and that is missing in these kits too, but I believe the 07+ kit has replacements for these. The blue arrow is pointing to the only thing I think this kit even replaces which is the one that plugs into the actual pump.

·
Registered
333 Posts
What the Hell are you running that Bike on, Battery Acid, That Pumps looks wrecked o_O

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm afraid I can't answer that with certainty, You might see if you can source a used one cheap and try it....

·
Registered
678 Posts
Thanks for helping me find that, not sure why I couldn't. I love that it costs more and includes less than the 07+ Model... lol.

Sadly there are these kits with pumps but nothing that replaces the other wiring that can corrode and go bad. I'll probably have to buy the entire assembly to get the wiring I need and that is why I was curious if the 07+ worked in 06 because those are around $100-$150 where as the 06 is $230+.

My main issue is that you can not find replacements for the rubber "hat" that sits above what I think is the fuel gauge sensor (circled in red) or the wire connected to it. The red arrow at the top I think is a ground and that is missing in these kits too, but I believe the 07+ kit has replacements for these. The blue arrow is pointing to the only thing I think this kit even replaces which is the one that plugs into the actual pump.

View attachment 139026
Man that thing looks like its been to hell n back. I might still have one sitting around from an 05 zx6rr. Had stalling issue , took it to shop n they were certain it was the pump, had it replaced but had a hunch it wasn't that so I told them I want the original, turns out it was the ECU, no thanks to them they couldn't figure it out, I did...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts