Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a zzr600 in the garage that I am fixing to sell. It ran a few months ago, but I took off carbs and cleaned them along with replacing fuel filter. Now the fuel pump does not work. It works when putting voltage right to it, but not detecting any voltage at plug. I see not cut wires, it is in neutral. It should prime as soon as I turn key on like my zx6r. What could stop voltage from going to pump? Also bought new fuel pump relay to no avail.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
The fuel pump does not prime when the key is turned on like a fuel injected bike. The pump will only activate when the starter button is pressed or the bike is running (or you apply voltage directly to the pump).

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
The fuel pump does not prime when the key is turned on like a fuel injected bike. The pump will only activate when the starter button is pressed or the bike is running (or you apply voltage directly to the pump).
This.

These bikes are notorious for the clutch switch going bad. I just bypassed mine instead of replacing it. Unplug the switch at the clutch, then use a wire/paperclip/staple to short the plug. See if the bike cranks after that. If it does, bad switch. Sometimes they can be cleaned and relubricated with electrical grease and be fine. Mine was fine for a week or so and crapped out again, so I said fuck it. Hasn't been working in years. I just have to remember to put my side stand up before I take off since now the bike won't shut off in gear with it down. No biggie to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts