Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when the local shop reconnected my Fuel On-Off-Res knob i think they may have put it on wrong.

the knob will only turn at 12:00--9:00--and 6:00

but the fuel On is at 3:00- Reserve is at 12:00 and off is at 3:00

anyone know what the proper positioning is?

and is 12:00 always Fuel ON?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You didn't say what year you have but . . . on mine the knob will only go on one way. Also mine has a hole on the underside that contains a spring and a ballbearing to fits in a detent in the valve body. Some previous owner had lost the ballbearing and the valve never worked quite right until I replaced it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is a 1996 zx6r

i have the knob pointed up, but that says reserve

the fuel on is all the way to the right at the 3:00 position

the knob won't turn that way

the off is at the left position at 9:00

and the knob will point to the ground but there is no marking to indicate what position that is

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sir, i hate to be a pest and if you lived in florida i would buy you a drink, so please bear with me

now if i point it to the ground, there is no writing or anythin there, the closest the ing is the fuel on, which is to the right of it, is this how your knob is set up?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
No problem. Again mine is a '95 and it has writing on it. If you get down on your knees and look at the valve from the left side of the bike at the top it says RES, on the bottom it says ON. To the right is says Fuel and to the left it says Off. There is a little arrow on one end of the center portion of the fuel knob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.